My thoughts on May/Ortiz - video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts on May/Ortiz - video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8LcO5Ulvsc

Just my thoughts on everything going on this week. A lot of things have just been bothering me so I wanted to put this up for discussion amongst other boxing fans.

Your thoughts? It's kinda long but I had a lot to say.

The headbutt was completely exaggerrated & that's exactly why I have a problem with the fight it began with that. But I don't like when he said you don't headbut Floyd especially. You don't headbutt any boxer like that period. The entire 4th round was suspect. That's the 1st time that I can recall Cortez telling the fighters to fight before calling time in. Ref's don't do that. Time in comes 1st. You can't tell the fighters to fight then deal with time in after. Then the sucker punches, then the blow up between Floyd & Merchant. That's the most drama (without actually fighting) that i've ever seen in 1 fight. Red flags all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      The headbutt was completely exaggerrated & that's exactly why I have a problem with the fight it began with that. But I don't like when he said you don't headbut Floyd especially. You don't headbutt any boxer like that period. The entire 4th round was suspect. That's the 1st time that I can recall Cortez telling the fighters to fight before calling time in. Ref's don't do that. Time in comes 1st. You can't tell the fighters to fight then deal with time in after. Then the sucker punches, then the blow up between Floyd & Merchant. That's the most drama (without actually fighting) that i've ever seen in 1 fight. Red flags all day.
      What I meant was you can't butt a fighter like Floyd and expect to hug after. Gatti, maybe, Mosley, definitely, but you have to know you can't headbutt floyd and expect kisses after.

I agree, it's not ok to butt any fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
        What I meant was you can't butt a fighter like Floyd and expect to hug after. Gatti, maybe, Mosley, definitely, but you have to know you can't headbutt floyd and expect kisses after.

I agree, it's not ok to butt any fighter.
        If Floyd didn't accept the hug, then I could see the point. But he accepted it.

Comment

Ortiz was fighting pretty dirty up to that point. He made it clear that he wanted to hurt Floyd. I saw the rabbit punches and the headbutts. I also noticed that Floyd did not complain until the final straw. I thought to myself why didn't Floyd complain earlier but Floyd didn't want to be seen as a complainer that night. Ortiz had already lost it at the point of the final headbutt.

He needs help. I understand personas but he can loose a lot of fans if he is made out to be a fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            If Floyd didn't accept the hug, then I could see the point. But he accepted it.
            he accepted it with his guard up!!!!! and just shook his head he didnt want to hug

Comment

Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
              he accepted it with his guard up!!!!! and just shook his head he didnt want to hug
              That was the impression I got also. Everybody perceives body language differently. Mayweather was not embracing him.

Comment

Ortiz is dirty and got what he had coming. Any debate?

Comment

Working...
                X