Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Battle of The Sugars...........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only Middleweight who would give Ray Robinson a problem is Roy Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
      The only Middleweight who would give Ray Robinson a problem is Roy Jones.
      Didn't Ray lose the mw belt a few times... I'm pretty sure there are other guys besides Carmen and fullmer that could beat mw version of robinson.. Hagler, monzon, greb, etc could beat a mw version of Ray or at least give him problems

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Didn't Ray lose the mw belt a few times... I'm pretty sure there are other guys besides Carmen and fullmer that could beat mw version of robinson.. Hagler, monzon, greb, etc could beat a mw version of Ray or at least give him problems
        Historians say his only true MW loss was to Lamotta then he beat him 3 weeks later; they say he took losses once he started being a part time ala Oscar or Floyd and when he took his European tour he was robbed of wins.

Comment

Most of Robinson's MW losses came after his first retirement when he tried to become a dancer.

Robinson's loss to LaMotta wasn't even at MW, Ray was a WW and LaMotta was a MW.

He did lose to Turpin the first time, and was given problems and cut in the rematch. I could definitely see Robinson splitting a pair of fights with a Hagler or Monzon.

I doubt Roy Jones could even make 160 back in those days of same day weigh-ins. Maybe very early in his career when he was inexperienced, but not by the 1993-94 period.

Comment

How about those guys vs Bert Randolph Sugar!

Comment

Working...
            X