Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should boxing emulate WWE/WWF Attitude era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should boxing emulate WWE/WWF Attitude era?

For those of you who watched the WWE/WWF Attitude era, during that time period(97-2001ish, although I say 97-2003) they dominated TV Ratings.

I feel like boxing need to follow the AE Format.

Guys like The Rock, Stone Cold, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Undertaker, and Kane were all larger than life and had unique personalities to sell.

Who can forget arena after arena chanting along with The Rock "FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK TO........................" They had great story lines and plenty of drama.

They also had brilliant match making. Nobody ducked nobody. The best fought the best. Any match the fans wanted? They got. How come boxing can't be like that?

Not at all that end being the worst thing that happened to wrestling especially after Vince bought WCW.

Comment

And how the fuk would they do that exactly?

Boxing is not a company with one owner

Comment

yeah how would they do that......

Comment

well it already is starting to be like that...... its HBO Vs Showtime....Top Rank is DX and Goldenboy is NWO.... The networks are trying to put good fights and they have some fighters (ex: Martinez) and promotions (GB/TR) who are in contract with the networks. And eventually some of these guys will jump ship like they did in WWF/WCW days

Comment

Originally posted by dudeiknow View Post
            well it already is starting to be like that...... its HBO Vs Showtime....Top Rank is DX and Goldenboy is NWO.... The networks are trying to put good fights and they have some fighters (ex: Martinez) and promotions (GB/TR) who are in contract with the networks. And eventually some of these guys will jump ship like they did in WWF/WCW days
            i would say hbo/top rank are wcw/wwf than dx or nwo

count them as a whole different company than a faction

Comment

Comment

i want to see ggg do this to the entire golden boy roster:

Comment

Only thing they should take from the WWE is maybe the Theatrics maybe the Intros! Everybody can't be the "GOOD GUY" in boxing and I think 98% of the fighters today have no type of identity outside of the ring! Other then Mayweather and Broner, when the other fighters are off and not fighting, nobody talks about those fighters anymore until their next fight. When your able to keep the fans interest even when your not fighting, it doesn't take much to build up a fight you can fight anybody and fans will tune in.

As for the match making and the best fighting the best, the Promotions won't work with each other until Arum is gone. Todd DuBoef don't have that BITTERNESS that Arum has so once he is in charge I do think you will see this Network and Promotion Split come to a end...HOPEFULLY!
                  Nash out Nash out likes this.

Comment

Your idea is great, Attitude Era was the glory days of wrestling, Im glad to grow up watching The Rock talking about his strudel hehe. But boxing is a more complex business, but since they are divided between networks and promotions, they could start a battle putting the best fights out there.

Comment

Working...
                    X