No announcement yet.

Pacquiao: Catch weight King?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JulVal View Post
    If you are not capable of discussing like an adult, then leave. You don't want to be in this damn ass thread anyway. Lol. How old are you anyway?
    that "how old are you strategy is old and overused homeboy!........jut givin you my 2 cents so next time ' you'll be more careful!.....

Comment

Originally posted by .::EyEKoNiK::. View Post
      I just wanna know why it was OKAY to fight DLH at 147..but not Cotto..
      same rules apply, if mayweather were to fight Paul Williams, would it be at 154? or 147, or even 152.

We know floyd doesnt have the balls anyway, he said Paul Williams is too big. But he does brag about beating ODLH at 154. So where would floyd meet Paul Williams at?

Comment

Pacquaio's camp is the one calling the shots now. Miguel is a prime, hard hitter, and undoubtedly a very powerful welterweight. I believe what they're trying to do is to make the fight as COMPETITIVE as they can.

Plus in the Oscar fight, Oscar had to go down one division, Cotto only had to lose 2 pounds. They saw that Oscar also had to work hard in order to make weight so it's a win win situation.

Imagine having to have to train to gain 5 pounds of muscles and training to lose 2 pounds of muscles. Which do you think is harder?
        So they knew DLH would be at a disadvantage even at 147 so that makes it ok?..WOW!..

and to answer your question..if you actually train yourself..you'd know that gaining 5lbs is alot easier than losing 2lbs of muscle

I'm just saying..Pacquiao looked AMAZING at 147lbs..and Cotto is a good 147lb fighter..right?..what was the point of making the man drop 2lbs if Pacquiao had experienced the higher weight and looked GREAT!..

is it because they handicapped the last man they fought at 147lbs and knew he'd look like ****?..

Comment

Originally posted by Aracibo04 View Post
          Incorrect... pacquiao has to loose weight to make 145. He apparently walks around 155 or so.

Like Eyekonik said.. why not allow cotto to come in at the full welter limit?

just asking!
          becuase hoya came from 154 and manny from 135, they met up in the middle fair and square........if cotto came from 154 , pac would've loved to fight him at 147 no problem.......

Comment

Perhaps the quotes above shall answer your questions.
            you did not answer the question.. because your premise that pac has to gain 5 lbs is incorrect. pac as we speak is loosing weight to make the 145...or don't you know that?

Imagine having to have to train to gain 5 pounds of muscles
            but your incorrect in saying that pac had to gain 5.. thats my point. how can you keep saying that..

also why did roach try to bait cotto into going all the way down to 143??

Comment

Originally posted by .::EyEKoNiK::. View Post
              I just wanna know why it was OKAY to fight DLH at 147..but not Cotto..
              DLH called the shots for that fight. For this fight Pacman calls the shots. Pac just wanted to show who is boss.

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
                same rules apply, if mayweather were to fight Paul Williams, would it be at 154? or 147, or even 152.

We know floyd doesnt have the balls anyway, he said Paul Williams is too big. But he does brag about beating ODLH at 154. So where would floyd meet Paul Williams at?
                Mayweather wouldn't fight Williams..

but at the same time Williams has fought at 147 for most of his career and has no problem coming back..he just can't get anyone to fight him..so I'm sure if Mayweather miraculously got some balls for Christmas the fight would be at 147lbs..

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                  that "how old are you strategy is old and overused homeboy!........jut givin you my 2 cents so next time ' you'll be more careful!.....
                  Be more careful about what? Lol. I stated facts up there dude. And the ones that weren't facts, i even stated that it was from my point of view, which should be arguably correct. And so what if that statement was overused?

You should be the one being more careful with your spam posts dude.

Comment

becuase hoya came from 154 and manny from 135, they met up in the middle fair and square........if cotto came from 154 , pac would've loved to fight him at 147 no problem.......
                    What's all this meet half way stuff..that's dumb!..

WW Limit is 147..but I agree Manny calls the shots and is the cash cow..but it doesn't take away the fact that him and roach are cowards for getting the man dehydrated to be at an advantage..

if they experienced 147 before and did great..why would it be a problem now??..

Comment

yea for that fight it would make more sense but in for this fight manny does not have to gain any weight, he actually has to loose. so why 145? and don't say becuase they are calling the shots. There is a strategy to this and some don't want to admit it. the strategy is to get manny the edge. manny has to lose less than cotto. now I am not making excuses we are just talking about the strategy to make cotto go down in weight as much as possible.. cotto himself said he would be fine and signed the contract so its on him.

Comment

Working...
                      X