Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combining shadow boxing with jump rope - is it better than doing them separately?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combining shadow boxing with jump rope - is it better than doing them separately?

Sorry for my English and for such a damn question.

It's not only about shadow boxing. I mean many of exercises in boxing workout.

For example. Would it be better repeat 3 times "shadow boxing (1 min) + jump rope (1 min)" (total - 6 min per "round") and then rest 1-2 min, or rather to do shadow boxing (3 min), then jump rope (3 min) and then rest (1 min)?

If it depends on exercises or on time intervals, please, explain it to me.

skip for 30min, shadow box for 30min. thats ur warm up

Comment

You would want to do them separately. There is no benefit from cross training them.

Shadow is confusing enough for your muscle memory anyway. The skipping provides good warm up for that harder work on the shoulder blade musclulature during shadow.

These are part of your skills training, you want your body to gets used to them, it's not like your trying to confuse your body for greater adaption or anything.

Comment

I don't get the logic behind warming up for an hour. Amateur boxers fight for six minutes at high intensity. Train to simulate this.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Soju View Post
          I don't get the logic behind warming up for an hour. Amateur boxers fight for six minutes at high intensity. Train to simulate this.

i was kidding.
          i completely agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535
            Quote:

Originally Posted by Soju

i was kidding.
            i completely agree with you.
            Careful, trolling is highly addictive.

Comment

Working...
            X