No announcement yet.

Rewatched: Danny Garcia v Lucas Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wild Apache View Post
    Listen bro, the eye did swell from something, it wasn't an act of nature. It didn't (just happen). And it wasn't a foul that caused it. What we do know is that he had a fractured socket. That obviously didn't come from a swipe. It probably came from a beautiful hook, or multiple.

I've been a fan of Lucas since the Judah fight and am still one today. I knew that fight was going to be tough. I knew Lucas wasn't gonna steamroll him and I knew Lucas fanboys were in for a surprise and guess what, they're still crying rivers today.
    That's what I'm saying, those laser left hooks did some damage. Bottom line.

Originally posted by EXPOSEDheroes View Post
    Absolutely. In their minds Lucas won EVERY round before the 6th. And somehow with that SAME bad eye, was able to win a few late rounds.

So does the EYE work or not? How could he win rounds 10 or 12 for example with a bad eye, but not win rounds 7, 8, 9 with that same bad eye?

EXCUSES. He got his eye orbit fractured. That does not happen with a tap, a scrape or a "swipe."
    I know but honestly, LM gets the lion's share of the first 6 rounds. But at no point was Garcia in trouble, you could see he was picking LMs timing and waiting on his own counters, for all his supposed power, it was LM who actually got hurt, dropped and disheartened in the middle part of the fight when his work rate dropped. Why? Cos Garcia was connecting with some supreme combinations.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Apache View Post
      Listen bro, the eye did swell from something, it wasn't an act of nature. It didn't (just happen). And it wasn't a foul that caused it.
      We don't have to speculate, it's right here:

What we do know is that he had a fractured socket. That obviously didn't come from a swipe. It probably came from a beautiful hook, or multiple.
      Yeah from getting thumped on it for 6 rounds from punches he couldn't see coming.

I've been a fan of Lucas since the Judah fight and am still one today. I knew that fight was going to be tough. I knew Lucas wasn't gonna steamroll him and I knew Lucas fanboys were in for a surprise and guess what, they're still crying rivers today.
      All this fanboys nonsense, I don't care about any of that, that's for emotional females and butthurt alts.

The only thing I'm interested in is the fight, Garcia got lucky and still only won a close fight with a partial hometown referee. Matthysse's the better fighter, and he wins a rematch.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 05-03-2014, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        I know but honestly, LM gets the lion's share of the first 6 rounds. But at no point was Garcia in trouble, you could see he was picking LMs timing and waiting on his own counters, for all his supposed power, it was LM who actually got hurt, dropped and disheartened in the middle part of the fight when his work rate dropped. Why? Cos Garcia was connecting with some supreme combinations.
        ...which Matthysse couldn't see coming thanks to having an eye closed over. Also LM was never hurt, not in the Garcia fight and not in the Molina fight. Look at him after the knockdowns, clear-headed, every time.

Comment

lol weebler mate, you really are taking pathetic to a new level. in that video it looks like a solid right hand, even if it was a thumb you cant tell due to the quality of the video. Looks, Garcia beat Matthysse, if you get over it and accept it without complaining, i might have some respect for your opinions. theres a few guys who are LM fans but they know he lost clearly but they want the rematch, thats fine, it was a good fight, id like a rematch too.

As simple as that.

Comment

lol weebler mate, you really are taking pathetic to a new level. in that video it looks like a solid right hand, even if it was a thumb you cant tell due to the quality of the video.
            Nothing solid about it, certainly nothing that one would expect to draw that level of swelling. A lucky break is what it was, and one that turned the fight.

Looks, Garcia beat Matthysse, if you get over it and accept it without complaining, i might have some respect for your opinions. theres a few guys who are LM fans but they know he lost clearly but they want the rematch, thats fine, it was a good fight, id like a rematch too.

As simple as that.
            People have already told you in this thread that isn't up for debate, hence your pointless re-scoring. The reasons for the loss are up for debate.

Forget what any fans say, listen to Lucas Matthysse himself:

"I've seen the fight many times, and I see the same thing. When I had two eyes, I was winning the fight. Up to the sixth round, I see clear dominance. I was winning. Danny wasn't doing much. Obviously the eye injury happened, he picks up his rhythm, he starts pressuring more. I'm now fighting without the same distance and vision. That handicapped me. It definitely turned the fight around in his favor. I truly believe it wouldn't have happened without the injury. A different story would have been written."

Comment

lol weebler mate, you really are taking pathetic to a new level. in that video it looks like a solid right hand, even if it was a thumb you cant tell due to the quality of the video. Looks, Garcia beat Matthysse, if you get over it and accept it without complaining, i might have some respect for your opinions. theres a few guys who are LM fans but they know he lost clearly but they want the rematch, thats fine, it was a good fight, id like a rematch too.

As simple as that.
              solid right hand? wasn't even a punch more like a paw. you can see his eye is fine before the paw then you can see it already messed up a couple seconds after without other punches landing. magic?

you want people to admit matthysse lost which everyone does, but then at the same time you won't admit garcia got favorable treatment from the ref and just plain lucky/dirty whatever happened concerning the eye. if the ref doesn't let garcia rabbit punch matthysse between the ropes and score a knockdown matthysse would have won on most cards. that right there is enough for a rematch.
              Last edited by daggum; 05-03-2014, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X