Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What current boxer could beat Floyd in your opinion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What current boxer could beat Floyd in your opinion?

Legitimate answers please

noone around welterweight unless hes slowed down a hell of a lot

Comment

Nobody at 147, a few guys at 154 and above would have a chance purely because of a major size advantage. At 154 I think Andrade would have a very good chance, he's got great skill and a good punch output, which is one of the most important things when you're fighting Floyd. At 160, Golovkin for sure and maybe a few other guys.

P4P though, very few fighters would even be competitive with him. Rigo, Lomachenko, Gonzalez, Golovkin, Ward would definitely be competitive, a couple might even beat him.

Comment

Nobody at 147 including Thurman and Brook.

If I would've seen Andrade in more championship fights I would've said that Andrade would have a very good chance against the current version of Floyd. Lara can also give him some tough rounds but I wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
          Nobody at 147, a few guys at 154 and above would have a chance purely because of a major size advantage. At 154 I think Andrade would have a very good chance, he's got great skill and a good punch output, which is one of the most important things when you're fighting Floyd. At 160, Golovkin for sure and maybe a few other guys.

P4P though, very few fighters would even be competitive with him. Rigo, Lomachenko, Gonzalez, Golovkin, Ward would definitely be competitive, a couple might even beat him.
          between 140-154....mostly size will do him in...I agree...also Boo Boo has the best shot and does the Charlo brother with power....all the guys are at 154...no one from 147 and down has a shot to beat him even at 39

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post

Great accurate post, I totally agree with most of your points.

At 147, Brook would have been the bigger threat IMO, I always thought based on his jab and size he woud be the one to worry Floyd.

Based on style, maybe Kahn would have a shot, I can see him outpointing Floyd, but Floyd can punch and would find a way to stop him, but maybe being behind on the scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              between 140-154....mostly size will do him in...I agree...also Boo Boo has the best shot and does the Charlo brother with power....all the guys are at 154...no one from 147 and down has a shot to beat him even at 39
              Yeah agree. At 147 I would probably say Spence would give him the best fight because he's a very solid boxer and knows how to apply pressure. His punch variation is very good and he throws in volume. I would of course pick Floyd to win the fight but I do think Spence would win some rounds.

I'm very high on Spence, I think beats most of the top guys at 154 as well.

Comment

I think Spence would steamroll him actually.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                  Great accurate post, I totally agree with most of your points.

At 147, Brook would have been the bigger threat IMO, I always thought based on his jab and size he woud be the one to worry Floyd.

Based on style, maybe Kahn would have a shot, I can see him outpointing Floyd, but Floyd can punch and would find a way to stop him, but maybe being behind on the scorecards.
                  Brook would need to fight at a higher pace than usual and throw more punches, it's a bad fight for him stylistically because he would have to adjust his style, he can't box with Floyd and try to counter him like Canelo, he would get his head boxed off. He would have to try and apply some kind of pressure.

Comment

Erislandy Lara
                    He'll take advantage of he's reach advantage, he'll beat Floyd to the jabs.

Comment

Working...
                    X