Most Dangerous/Powerful Weight Classes By KO Percentage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baxinguy View Post
    fallacy in argument: ko% =/= dangerous.

Awesome that you collected the stats, surprised stuff like this hasn't been compiled.
    Thanks.

Means the weight class has more fighters who can punch, therefore more dangerous. WW has Pacquiao, Thurman, Porter, Maidana, Marquez, Brook, Chaves. All dangerous guys to face IMO, even if they are limited.

HW is known for carrying some of the most powerful fighters in boxing, and in this case the numbers did not lie. They have guys like Wilder, Fury, Povetkin, Arreola, Stiverne who have a high chance of either KO'ing there opponent or being KO'ed, and it is true. HW's are always at the highest chance of not seeing 12.

Comment

Originally posted by baxinguy View Post
      fallacy in argument: ko% =/= dangerous.

Awesome that you collected the stats, surprised stuff like this hasn't been compiled.
      KO % depends on how many bums you fight.

KO% should be based on opps with at least 15 wins and a win-loss record ratio no smaller than 3-2.

get on that, kevin.

i expect it redone by tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Every time I google a certain stat of boxing, it does not exist. While for every other major sport, they are full of specific stats.

I want to know, which weight class has the fighters that get KO'ed the most right now. No such thing.

Weight class with the fighters with the least KO's? Well now we know as of 2015, it's Strawweight and Middleweight, they are the weakest weight divisions. And Heavyweight and Welterweight are the most dangerous. I's cool stats to me. Maybe others don't find it interesting, but I have always been interested in stats, since back in my baseball card collection days.
        maybe strawweight and middleweight have fought the least number of bums

better would be to only include a division's top10 losses by KO, for the last x years

Comment

Originally posted by buge View Post
          maybe strawweight and middleweight have fought the least number of bums

better would be to only include a division's top10 losses by KO, for the last x years
          is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
            Why would you not include the best fighters numbers? Seems like a stupid stat to say how safe it is for the best fighter. It would be a more interesting stat to simply say what the KO % is of the top ten fighters.
            My curiosity was how dangerous/safe is a weight class to the best guy in it. Adding the best guy in the totals would actually be stupid, because he will never face himself.

However, a weight class with no consensus "best", can have all of their fighters added.

Comment

Weight class with the fighters with the least KO's? Well now we know as of 2015, it's Strawweight and Middleweight, they are the weakest weight divisions.
              This goes back to my post. Middleweight is low if you exclude GGG's 28/31 KOs. If you include the entire Rings top ten middleweight list, it's a total of 236 KOs. So again, doesn't make a lot of sense excluding the best fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                KO % depends on how many bums you fight.

KO% should be based on opps with at least 15 wins and a win-loss record ratio no smaller than 3-2.

get on that, kevin.

i expect it redone by tomorrow.
                Got class tomorrow. Do it and add it. Let's make this a statistical thread. That way when casuals trying to get in to boxing, want to google crazy stats, it lead to this thread and BS gets more hits.

Comment

My curiosity was how dangerous/safe is a weight class to the best guy in it. Adding the best guy in the totals would actually be stupid, because he will never face himself.

However, a weight class with no consensus "best", can have all of their fighters added.
                  Which makes it uneven and your stats skewed. If one division has no "best fighter" that's a total of ten fighters, but a division with a best fighter you're adding 9 fighters? Or how do you factor in a lineal champion who is not the "consensus best fighter?"

Just make things easier and simply add all the top ten. The stat is more interesting for fans to compare divisions.
                  Last edited by ИATAS; 02-18-2015, 12:44 AM.

Comment

This goes back to my post. Middleweight is low if you exclude GGG's 28/31 KOs. If you include the entire Rings top ten middleweight list, it's a total of 236 KOs. So again, doesn't make a lot of sense excluding the best fighter.
                    It does make sense. Because I wanted to know how dangerous or safe is the weight class FOR the best fighter in it. I wanted to know what is Wlad up against at HW, what is Mayweather up against at WW, what is GGG up against at MW, etc. Now I know. So it makes perfect sense for me.

But, now it's easy to find out what the weight class with the highest KO % period, no big deal. Just add the fighters numbers that I excluded and get a percentage calculator.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/percentcalc.htm

Comment

Which makes it uneven and your stats skewed. If one division has no "best fighter" that's a total of ten fighters, but a division with a best fighter you're adding 9 fighters? Or how do you factor in a lineal champion who is not the "consensus best fighter?"

Just make things easier and simply add all the top ten. The stat is more interesting for fans to compare divisions.
                      I'll add a second separate stat to the OP with all 10 fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X