Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Timothy Bradley rated #5 on ESPN's Pound for Pound list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Bradley be rated top 5 p4p? Absolutely.
    Dude's resume speaks for it self. Only two fights he lost were the Pacquiao fights. Pacquiao being an ATG.

Guy totally beat easily Alexander when he was undefeated, one of only 2 guys to legitimately beat JMM, and despite what the groupies here say he clearly beat Provodnikov and Chaves.

Only knock I have against him is that he ducked Khan when both were at the top of the 140 division.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
      What really doesn't make sense... Is that he's #7 p4p in the Ring ratings, but in their WW ratings, he's #4 behind Kahn and Brooks. How are you among the ten best in the entire sport, but your own division just barely in the top five?
      Nobody here has yet answered my question about this - I'm curious if anyone has a logical explanation of this. It truly boggles my mind

ESPN's is curiously stupid as well. JMM is ranked #3 p4p, even though he hasn't done anything meaningful since 2012, Bradley is #5 p4p even though he hasn't done anything meaningful since 2013 - but one look at their WW rankings they have Bradley as their #3 WW and JMM as their #4 WW. So which one is it?

The stupidity is astounding

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
        you loss me at Bradley is a boxer/puncher. bradley is a elite fighter for sure. boxer/puncher he is not.

a boxer puncher is someone who wins fights doing both.

Thomas hearns was a boxer puncher.
        roy jones was a boxer puncher
        lennox lewis was a boxer puncher
        james toney was a boxer puncher
        juan manuel marquez was a boxer puncher
        Fernando vargas was a boxer puncher

tim bradley is not
        What i mean by bradley being a boxer/puncher is that he has enough pop to wobble you in there. A puncher doesnt necessarily mean you can ko a guy with one shot at any given moment, that fall under the ko puncher category... bradley dropped witter, peterson, wobbled abregu, nearly dropped marquez, rocked pacquaio, i mean if thats not as clear as day that he can punch a little bit then i dont know what is.. he aint paulie for goodness sakes!
        Last edited by LouIE G; 01-07-2015, 08:55 PM.

Comment

because thats espn and shouldnt be considered a valid rank system for p4p

Comment

Working...
          X