Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Pacquiao be a hall-of-famer if he never moved up to welterweight and beyond?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Pacquiao be a hall-of-famer if he never moved up to welterweight and beyond?

Hypothetically, if Manny Pacquiao retired after beating David Diaz would he have had a hall-of-fame career? Yes or no? Explain.

Yes
    95.12%
    No
    4.88%

yes.

he was a sure lock-in hofer after the fights with EM, MAB, JMM

Comment

Ken Norton got in for fuck's sake.

Comment

i think so his resume was already impressive, also from a cultural standpoint the impact he had could alone put him in the hof
        he definitely would not be as big as he is now though. he really took he career to the next level jumping up through weight classes

Comment

i think so....prince nassem got in from losing to barrera

Comment

Without question. He was already a great fighter before he fought De La Hoya.

Comment

belts at 112, 122, 126, 130, 135. 5 division.

7 fights against morales, barrera and marquez. 3 future hofers.

wins over solid champions like sasakul, ledwaba , larios. julio.

definitely HOFer.

Comment

Whoever voted no is a fucking idiot, not a real boxing fan, or don't know shit about boxing!!! I can understand maybe not liking his welterweight+ resume but his earlier fights were what made him a great fighter and Hall of Famer imo. Morales, Barrera, Marquez alone on any resume is a shoe in for 1st ballot Hall of Fame.

Comment

Of course.

He was already an ATG by then.

Comment

Without a shadow of a doubt, the man had already faced and beaten 3 ATGs, going 5-1-1...in the process picking up 5 world title belts in as many different weight divisions. Couple that with his speed, power, skill and aggression and you have an ATG, let alone HOFer.

Comment

Working...
                    X