Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ricky Hatton's win over Kostya Tszyu tainted?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
    Funny how Hatton fans never mention this, yet they are still so butthurt about the Floyd fight and accuse the ref of foul play. Wankers.
    i'm a hatton fan, not butthurt about PBF fight at all. would have been nice if he could have fought inside with his brawling and game plan...ref wouldn't let him so he had to adjust. obviously he couldn't, especially against someone as remarkable as Floyd.

As far as kotsya fight....that game plan worked.

Comment

Yeah, tell that to the laundry list of referees who have allowed Andre Berto to hold on for dear life again and again fight after fight. That's holding. Hatton would actually punch his way in FCS.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
        Not true. Tszyu wanted Mayweather, but Floyd signed for Gatti. And the rest is history.
        He wanted to fight HBO fighters but couldn't as he was contracted to Showtime - Gatti was his first choice as he was the draw:

Tszyu wanted Gatti

by Paul Upham: While undisputed super lightweight champion Kostya Tszyu (pictured right) announced in Australia on Monday that his next fight will be against England's Ricky Hatton on June 5 in Manchester, the Russian born Australian citizen would really have liked to be facing American crowd favourite Arturo Gatti.

"Right now, I don't have any opponents left to fight," lamented Tszyu, who is contracted to Showtime. "There are only two or three and they are with HBO. Only Showtime and HBO can make a great deal between themselves."

While he will face Hatton midyear, Tszyu who turns 36 in September would dearly love to face Gatti, Floyd Mayweather Jr, Cory Spinks or Oscar De La Hoya before he retires from boxing.

"It is very disappointing," he said. "I personally think a fight with Gatti would be sensational. Somebody thinks differently. That's their personal opinion. It is a shame that the (television) networks can't get this fight together or the promoters can't get this fight together. I think what we need to do is for the people, not only for ourselves. We have to look at what the people want to see and unfortunately the politics stinks a lot, but you can't do anything. Unless, one day I am going to step up and do it my own way."
        http://www.secondsout.com/usa-boxing...u-wanted-gatti

Comment

Working...
        X