No announcement yet.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fearless View Post
    People are too used to civilized Cyrodiil and even Morrowind (which is the odd one out in terms of landform and setting). Skyrim's setting to me is a little depressing, there's a sense of sadness in the lands, but that fits perfectly with the political climate of the game. It was intended to be the least populated continent in all of Tamriel.

Would be great if they did Cyrodiil again with the visual and detail that Skyrim has.

On the negative side, I thought the menu interface was half assed and not detailed like Morrowind and Oblivion, I missed actually being able to use speech.
    I do wish that agility and acrobat were still in the game. They were useful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fearless View Post
      People are too used to civilized Cyrodiil and even Morrowind (which is the odd one out in terms of landform and setting). Skyrim's setting to me is a little depressing, there's a sense of sadness in the lands, but that fits perfectly with the political climate of the game. It was intended to be the least populated continent in all of Tamriel.

Would be great if they did Cyrodiil again with the visual and detail that Skyrim has.

On the negative side, I thought the menu interface was half assed and not detailed like Morrowind and Oblivion, I missed actually being able to use speech.
      Agreed, on a positive note beth finally allowed for 4gb of memory to be used instead of 2 through patches. That means no crashes every 45 minutes on high settings and no more textures ****ing up. Yaaaaaay!

Comment

• And for those who think scandinavian castles were ever decaying ruins in cold mountain tops here's a lession in realism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_castles_in_Sweden

Castles going back to the end of the viking period and through the mediaval times and Renaissance. Notice how many of them look like fortified mansions and palaces.

Comment

• Originally posted by ??? View Post
          I do wish that agility and acrobat were still in the game. They were useful.
          Unrealistic.

What was wrong with the menu? I didn't see any changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flab View Post
            Unrealistic.

What was wrong with the menu? I didn't see any changes.
            In what way?

So you can't train yourself to jump higher?

Comment

In what way?

So you can't train yourself to jump higher?
              Because in Oblivion once you got around 80-90 acrobatics you could hop on rooftops.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ether View Post
                Because in Oblivion once you got around 80-90 acrobatics you could hop on rooftops.
                That's the point. So I can reach places I couldn't before plus it'll make climbing up steep hills and mountainsides more easier.

Comment

• Skyrim is set around the film Beowulf time, is it not? Don't see what your problem is GC.

Comment

That's the point. So I can reach places I couldn't before plus it'll make climbing up steep hills and mountainsides more easier.
                    Use console commands if you want to cheat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flab View Post
                      Use console commands if you want to cheat.
                      Can't do that. I play on PS3.

Comment

Working...
                      X