Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Messi make himself an all time great in the next month?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Messi make himself an all time great in the next month?

He has it all, but as far as I know he hasn't played at the same level for his country as he has for his club.

If he does though will he be mentioned in the same breath as Pele, Maradona and Cruyff, without People rolling there eyes to it?

I fear crazy ****er Maradona will hold him back personally.

who is the hunk in your avatar? i'd like hair like his

Comment

It's David Villa, One of the best strikers in the world

Comment

Diego might hold the team back.

Messi hasn't got the cockiness Maradona and Cruyff had.

Only way he could do it is if he mans up proper and gets stuck in. We'll see tomorrow what he's like.

South America is VERY competitive right now. Barely qualifying from there doesn't mean the team (on and off the field) is that bad. So I'm still hedging my bets.

If pushed I'd back Messi to pull it off but the Brazilian team is just so geared up AND Dunga knows how to keep the defence solid like 1994.

Comment

Messi is a phenomenon, and will probably surpass Zidane and (real) Ronaldo as the greatest players of the last 15 years. And maybe one day enter the pantheon of those true greats. But let's get things straight - Maradona is the greatest.

I don't think we are ever going to see a player with so much genius, finesse and extreme levels of skill ever again. Platini said it best; "what Zidane can do with a ball, Maradona could do with an orange".

Maradona doesn't need to sabotage Messi's peformance because Messi will never overtake Diego.

Comment

Messi is 23 he has at least 2 more world cups in him or 3, so he can make it a stepping stone to greatness using this tournie and come out better in next 2. But i think he'll stand out in this Cup
            And Torres, always shines on the big stage

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
              Maradona doesn't need to sabotage Messi's peformance because Messi will never overtake Diego.
              I don't think Maradona would try to sabotage I'm just not convinced of his coaching and managerial skill as Diego is.

He is crazy but sometimes that can be good (Alex Ferguson).

Comment

He's already an ATG but he won't be ranked amongst Pele, Maradona and Zidane in the next month imo.

From the very little i've seen and what people have told me about Pele and Maradona i understand that in they were miles ahead of anyone else in their era. Messi could be considered the best in the world today but he isn't in another league completely imo. I'd be amazed if he won the World Cup with this Argentina squad and with such strong competition from other teams, which is what he has to do to be even considered amongst the greatest.

Again from the little ive seen, based purely on skill, i don't think there's much to choose between Messi and the legends. What serperates Pele, Maradona and Zidane from the rest is that in there own eras, they were relatively so much better than anyone else around.

Comment

oh, hes spanish right? my type.

Comment

i have three wishes this world cup: the usa gets out the first round, messi has a magical run, and spain wins it all. if argentina win it, its obvious that its because he's played to his potential, so that would put him up there with zidane, pele and maradona.

Comment

Working...
                    X