Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Golovkin is The Pound For Pound Best, Not Andre Ward!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    What has Ward done lately, its a good question but what has GGG done like ever?
    continue to put guys to sleep that they put in front of him...

Comment

ouch

Comment

Roach always goes for the fighter with power and against the technical fighter

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
          Roach always goes for the fighter with power and against the technical fighter
          actually no, roach has some technical fighters himself.

roach goes for the aggressive fighters with high ko's.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Luthor View Post
            Interesting points but this article is about Roach's opinions on Golovkin's and Ward's P4P statuses. Also, K2, Golovkin's team and loyal fans can't keep talking about Golovkin being the best, the new face of boxing, a superstar but then not be able or willing to offer potential opponents enough financial reward to fight him. Can't have it both ways. Top dogs like DLH, Mayweather, Pac, Canelo, Cotto, etc have/had opponents lining up because the reward made the risk acceptable. It's K2 and Team Golovkin's responsibility to make that happen now, especially when the top contenders are much younger, know they do not need Golovkin to make money and Golovkin is on the wrong side of 30.

Just one man's opinion.
            DLH's the owner of the biggest name from 154 to 168 and won't put him in the ring, that's a prime example. Every champion that's held the WBC belt since this guy touched American soil has said "NO", some of their promoters have pretty said "no f'ing way" honestly (See Lou Dibella). While I get your point we as fans too play our part in this political climate. Let a promoter start losing money on his fighter, bet you that "I need a year" bullshhh comes to an end fast as fk.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenbear View Post
              It's not about what you done lately but the sum of a man that matters. Ward is still an active fighter and has a far superior resume than GGG. People forget Ward wasn't the favorite in the Super 6. When has GGG been the underdog? At the end of the day Ward accomplishments dwarf GGG. Or put it another way if you climbed Mt. Everest or the Himalayan mountains 3 years ago and I've only climbed my local hill but have done it 10 times does that make me a better climber?
              exactly !

a collection of " good " wins, do not eclipse 1 " great " win

And if I were to place a turd on the table, adding more turds to that pile will not magically turn it into a chocolate cake..... it will just be a bigger pile of **** than it was earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                Gennady Golovkin is cherry picking a WW Kell brook Roach has the nerve to claim that he's the best pound for pound Andre is about to fight a top 5 P4P fighter this November Sergey Kovalev Roach already making excuses he struggled with Chilemba

Roach picked Golovkin #1, and yet he couldn't pick Kovalev over Ward ?

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  I haven't done a list in forever. I personally think Rigondeaux is the best fighter in the world. I'd put Ward slightly behind him.
                  yep, rigo, ward, gonzales, kovalev.... are my top 4

Comment

Originally posted by Wicky View Post
                    Golovkin, Ward & Kovalev are all great, but Lomanchenko is #1.

I got him at 8, but yea could be higher

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      That's a nice flowery love poem but in the real world Ward has 2 wins better than Ggg comp, Froch and Kessler, 5 and 7 years ago lol. Good scalps but not exactly Toney and Hopkins. The better scalp was underdog to unproven MW Ggg, with a weight and hometown advantage. Famously said he'd swerve Ggg like the plague

Don't be ridiculous, even Abraham is better than anyone Golovkin beat.

casual-fans DKSAB

Comment

Working...
                      X