Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale: Froch is Not The Terminator, I Can Beat Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
    DeGale sits on the ropes to much..Froch would have a field day with him.

The winner of Bika Vs Periban would be a good test for DeGale.
    Agree with this.

Although, IMO, Bika and Periban are too much for DeGale.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
      Agree with this.

In your opinion, everyone is too much for DeGale. Give it a rest.

Comment

Agree with this.

I don't highly rate Degale but I think he's definitely good enough to atleast have a chance at beating Bika.

That said, he will definitely struggle IMO.

It's a fight I want to see, Bika vs eihter Degale or Groves but I think Degale is the mandatory now.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I don't highly rate Degale but I think he's definitely good enough to atleast have a chance at beating Bika.

That said, he will definitely struggle IMO.

It's a fight I want to see, Bika vs eihter Degale or Groves but I think Degale is the mandatory now.
          They'll have to crown the new champ before making a mandatory I guess. DeGale and Groves are the next in line after Bika and Periban I believe.

The best thing to do would be to have an eliminator between DeGale and Groves but Groves has never wanted the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenger Is God View Post
            They'll have to crown the new champ before making a mandatory I guess. DeGale and Groves are the next in line after Bika and Periban I believe.

The best thing to do would be to have an eliminator between DeGale and Groves but Groves has never wanted the rematch.
            Why would Groves rematch DeGale? He has nothing to gain. He's ranked #6 by the IBO (higher than DeGale), #2 by the WBA (higher than DeGale) #3 by the WBC (higher than DeGale)... shall I continue?

I understand you're still upset about the 'razor' thin (IMO, clear) victory Groves scored over DeGale, but there's no logic behind a rematch. It'll only be meaningful when theres a strap on the line.

Comment

Why would Groves rematch DeGale? He has nothing to gain. He's ranked #6 by the IBO (higher than DeGale), #2 by the WBA (higher than DeGale) #3 by the WBC (higher than DeGale)... shall I continue?

I understand you're still upset about the 'razor' thin (IMO, clear) victory Groves scored over DeGale, but there's no logic behind a rematch. It'll only be meaningful when theres a strap on the line.
              The logical reason is the one I just stated. It's a natural eliminator for the world title.

I guess Groves has more to gain by fighting bums like Noe Gonzalez, yeah?

Comment

Yes Froch can be beaten but it was against the likes of Kessler and Ward, who are a little bit better fighters than Groves of this world.

Keep improving your CV a little bit and then im sure the Gent froch will accommodate you. He knows how you feel as he was desperate for JC and was let down by JC. He might not want to let you down.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenger Is God View Post
                  The logical reason is the one I just stated. It's a natural eliminator for the world title.

I guess Groves has more to gain by fighting bums like Noe Gonzalez, yeah?
                  Well, he's ranked higher by pretty much every boxing council, so he must be doing something right. The standard of both fighters' opposition hasn't been great, i'll grant you that.

Oh, and no, it's not a natural eliminator; it's a pointless right with almost no public interest (at present).

Comment

Well, he's ranked higher by pretty much every boxing council, so he must be doing something right. The standard of both fighters' opposition hasn't been great, i'll grant you that.

Oh, and no, it's not a natural eliminator; it's a pointless right with almost no public interest (at present).
                    It would be a natural eliminator in the sense the first fight was close and quite a few felt Degale won.

That said, this rematch shouldn't happen just yet IMO.

Comment

They are both ranked directly below Bika and Periban so yes it is a natural eliminator.

DeGale is the only one of the two that wants the fight and wants tough fights. Groves is trying to David Haye his way to a shot at Froch whilst ducking fighters around him.

Comment

Working...
                      X