Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you guys think poses the biggest threat to Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to be high on Tavoris Cloud, but not anymore though because even though I didn't see this fight I heard he went life and death with Zuniga. With that said, I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing Hopkins fight him one day maybe.

I think Pascal because of the fact he hits harder than Dawson is the guy that will ever come the closest to beating Hopkins at 175 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post

if glen johnson wins the super six, I'd love to see Hopkins fight Johnson again. even tho hopkins schooled johnson the first time, now with hopkins so old and getting hit a lot more, I think johnson has a good chance.
      I like Johnson, but I still think Hopkins is all wrong for him like the first time. Plus I don't think Johnson has the type of power to rock Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by xAUGUSTUSx View Post
        I would've went with Cloud too. I think Hopkins from last night will school Dawson from last night. Dawson's too lazy at times and Hopkins will capitalize on that. I think Cloud should fight Pascal first. I think HBO should do a double header in Montreal. Hopkins vs Dawson and Cloud vs Pascal and if they really wanted to make an event they could throw in and introduce either Cleverly vs Brähmer or Shumenov vs Erdei. That's 8 solid Lightheavies. Make a PPV and have all 4 matches. They could broadcast this **** world wide and get massive ratings. It could be a mini tourny with the winners fighting eachother.
        HBO give this guy a job. i love this idea. it's also completely reasonable and practicable.

Good discussions on Hopkins future opponents. I see Dawson maybe giving some trouble, but ultimately Hopkins adjusting and winning a boring UD.

I wouldn't mind seeing Glen Johnson get another crack either - he could catch Hopkins on the inside trying to clinch (johnson can generate crazy power on the inside). Froch's pure determination and stamina could enable him to rough Hopkins up, but I personally have a feeling that Hopkins would be able to physically handle Froch like he did Pavlik(hopkins is NOT a small and weak light heavy). Bute doesn't stand a chance, and I think would be completely clueless after hte first few rounds. he might even get stopped.

Comment

Dawson does. Hopkins has proven he's no old slug. But Dawson has the speed advantage and Hopkins legs couldn't keep up with him. It's an awful fight for us as fans and a bad matchup for Hopkins. I think Hopkins is otherwise home free against the other guys available to him.

Comment

Only seen some Bute...he could present some trouble...

If Dawson fought in my opinion to his best ability I think he could beat Bernard in a close fight but Chad doesn't do enough and has a sparring-like workrate...

Haven't seen Cloud in a while...haven't seen Cleverly fight...

Comment

Hopkins biggest threat is a Drug Test or a REF thats not BLIND. If he continues to get these Ref's who wont take points from him for illegal hits to the kidneys/pokes to the eyes/ clinches / holds.

Naazim in his corner told BHOP to HOLD/CLINCH. What kind of wack game plan is that? No wonder he's going to be fighting in Canada all his life, he got no fans willing to pay $$$.

Comment

Working...
              X