No announcement yet.

Why has Kovalev Hopkins caught the imagination of so many boxing fans???/

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why has Kovalev Hopkins caught the imagination of so many boxing fans???/

Yea i know, im contradicting myself by doing another thread on Hopkins Kovalev, but its becoming quite a epic anticipation for november the 8th you have to say.

I dont want this to become a "who wins" thread. But for a so called "dead division" this has had a **** loads of hype and threads.

Carl froch george groves wasnt this popular, and that sold out 80 000. kELL BROOK v porter aint anywhere near this. Bare in mind we are only in August.

Why do you guys feel this is arguebly a top 3 fight of the year in terms of online hype and anticipation???

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
    Yea i know, im contradicting myself by doing another thread on Hopkins Kovalev, but its becoming quite a epic anticipation for november the 8th you have to say.

I dont want this to become a "who wins" thread. But for a so called "dead division" this has had a **** loads of hype and threads.

Carl froch george groves wasnt this popular, and that sold out 80 000. kELL BROOK v porter aint anywhere near this. Bare in mind we are only in August.

Why do you guys feel this is arguebly a top 3 fight of the year in terms of online hype and anticipation???
    Because its a great fight but also a crossroads fight. Bhop loses-he likely either retires or has a farewell (RJJ 3) fight. If Kovalev loses his hype is gone and he likely doesn't get another big fight given he is low reward high risk.

Comment

I personally just want to see Hopkins get battered brutally. That's what captures my imagination.

Comment

Its 50 50, you have one guy who litterally knocks out everything he touches verses a guy who literally cannot be knocked out...its europe v america, its offecne v defence...**** it..now i see why...

But its a self hyped fight as well, as Kovelev and hopkins wil barely chat to hype it...

Incredible...

Comment

Because it's a great fight dude. It's like if Mayweather and Margarito would have fought back in the day.

I'm rooting for Kovalev but BIG props to Hopkins for taking this challenge. He truly is an ATG. This is what ATG's do.
          Last edited by BOXEO _; 08-05-2014, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Loud mouth arrogant legend vs big dumb fresh puncher.

Can hopkins be KO'd?
            Can Kovalev deal with all of Hopkins bs?

Its all very interesting.

Comment

i just wanna hear Bernard tell Kovalev that 'i aint losing to a white boy again'

Comment

it's the coming out party for kovalev. everyone who loves boxing loves kovalev and we're all anticipating to see a great performance by him. after he retires old man hopkins he will be top 10 p4p for sure. i already have him in my top 5 p4p.

Comment

Because in 2014 everyone ducks everyone. Al Haymon makes Pros vs Joes cards. Everyone cries about money, who has more fans, etc.

But here is a 49 year old man, challenging one of the most feared punchers in the game, in a fight that will unify the WBA/IBF/WBO LHW Belts. Now that is something to talk about. Two men. No BS. Just two guys who both want to fight the best.

This is stuff we can only dream current prime fighters and top "pound 4 pound" fighters would have the balls to do.

Comment

Because a 50 year old isn't cherry picking, yet the so called no1 didn't want to fight the other hard puncher in boxing in GGG.

Why is it a 50 year old is willing to take a risk whilst the no1 in the world cant? Has to control what gloves are wearing and stuff along those lines, is what makes this fight interesting.

Comment

Working...
                    X