• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm fighting Meehan, not Holyfield" - Valuev

From *********:

Team Valuev denies Holyfield fight!

Thursday, October 9 2008

By Alexey Potapov

WBA heavyweight champion Nikolai Valuev (49-1, 34 KOs) has commented to *********.com on a possible fight against faded former four-time heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield (42-9-2, 27 KOs). "I know nothing and this is the first I've heard about it," said the seven-foot two-time WBA champion. "In general there is an arrangement to fight against Kali Meehan and this fight will take place on December 6th. I'm preparing for this fight. Today I learn that a fight against Holyfield is planned for December 20th. You want me to fight again in two weeks? It's totally ludicrous." *********.com also asked the manager of the Russian Giant Boris Demitrov. "I know nothing about a fight between Nikolai and Holyfield. I talked today with Don King, even he knows nothing about it. Most likely it's an invention," commented Dimitrov.

Wasnt Meehan knocked out by Danny Williams and Rahman in a few rounds, the only reason he still gets title shoots is because he is a king fighter.

Comment

For some reason, and I'm not a Holyfield fanatic, but I think Holyfield can beat Valuev. ****, he may be the only name heavyweight that Holyfield is actually quicker than these days. Tye Fields not included.

Comment

Originally posted by DavrosPremuleas View Post
        Wasnt Meehan knocked out by Danny Williams and Rahman in a few rounds, the only reason he still gets title shoots is because he is a king fighter.
        Kali Meehan does have a KO win over Williamson. And he should have won the WBO title in his Brewster fight, but Lamon received a gift from the American judges.

Kali's won a few fights in a row now, he deserves the title shot as much as anybody.
        Last edited by Ben_London.; 10-09-2008, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Good. Holyfield should just hang them up, but he won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
            Good. Holyfield should just hang them up, but he won't.
            Holyfield will be 46 in a couple of weeks. He needs to hang them up for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironfist! View Post
              He won't. I think he needs the money.

Comment

Originally posted by GodzHand View Post
                For some reason, and I'm not a Holyfield fanatic, but I think Holyfield can beat Valuev. ****, he may be the only name heavyweight that Holyfield is actually quicker than these days. Tye Fields not included.
                I wouldn't take Holyfield over Valuev if you gave me 20-1 odds. Most of Valuev's opponents have had faster hands, and 98% of them failed.

Comment

The fact that Holyfield is even considered for another titleshot is a testimony of the lack of name-recognition at HW. But it's truely awful that promotors still try to make a buck off of Holyfields name. And its a disgrace that Holyfield is still allowed to fight.

Oh well that's just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironfist! View Post
                    They stole your username .

Comment

Working...
                    X