Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum makes sincere plea to Al Haymon; wants Crawford vs Broner, Vargas vs Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Arum makes sincere plea to Al Haymon; wants Crawford vs Broner, Vargas vs Garcia

Interesting to note that it's only now when Arum is having problems with HBO he is running to Al Haymon for fights.

Hey, as long as it becomes a reality we should all be glad. Crawford VS Broner would be great and be a big seller.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Hey, as long as it becomes a reality we should all be glad. Crawford VS Broner would be great and be a big seller.
      It's a decent fight but I don't think Haymon would consider it. What tools does Broner posses that shows he could beat Bud?

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
        It's a decent fight but I don't think Haymon would consider it. What tools does Broner posses that shows he could beat Bud?
        I'm one of the few people that think Broner is a very live dog in this fight when I look at the styles. Crawford isn't a mauler/pressure guy and his chin is a bit suspect, Broner has hurt bigger men. Who knows, maybe Haymon would take a gamble since Broner isn't an undefeated fighter so nothing to protect really. If anything, it would be a bigger L for Arum to have Crawford lose than the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          I'm one of the few people that think Broner is a very live dog in this fight when I look at the styles. Crawford isn't a mauler/pressure guy and his chin is a bit suspect, Broner has hurt bigger men. Who knows, maybe Haymon would take a gamble since Broner isn't an undefeated fighter so nothing to protect really. If anything, it would be a bigger L for Arum to have Crawford lose than the other way around.
          Yeah that's true. Crawford has shown he's pretty heavy handed too when most people thought otherwise. It could lead to a solid scrap.

Comment

I'd like to see both of those fights if they get made.

Comment

Hopefully Arum is sincere, I would love to see those fights. Broner vs Crawford seems like a can't miss fight entertainment wise.

Comment

Broner seems to have solid power at 140, has grit about him (can take a beating and not wilt), and Crawford starts slow (read-and-react, 'don't watch tape' ethos leads to fighters having to use the first 2-4 rounds to figure out what they're in there with).

Still, beyond the actual fight. the business hangups make the fight highly unlikely; with Adrien Broner trying to actually promote his own fights, in addition to his 'star' being bigger than Crawford's, it's likely that Top Rank isn't going to be allowed to drive anything, a position that Arum can barely tolerate (even when someone is putting $50m into his pocket).

Comment

Arum lying

He just came out and said he wants vargas vs manny/bradley winner...

Comment

Not that i'd favor Broner, but Broner throws a lot of stuff right down the pipe where Crawford seems to be more vulnerable.

Comment

Working...
                    X