Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Carlos Baldomir the worst lineal champion of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    hes lost like ten times since fighting floyd. its so strange. when he stepped up his comp he turned into a journeyman. bad luck i guess.
    A very Morales-like pattern indeed. Loses to Raheem, goes on to lose like 5 of 6 over the next few years. Then you look at a guy like Baldomir, he beats Joshua Clottey and Zab Judah and went unbeaten for like 8 years before Floyd. Then goes on a losing streak like Morales against Raheem.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      A very Morales-like pattern indeed. Loses to Raheem, goes on to lose like 5 of 6 over the next few years. Then you look at a guy like Baldomir, he beats Joshua Clottey and Zab Judah and went unbeaten for like 8 years before Floyd. Then goes on a losing streak like Morales against Raheem.
      Come on man, I know you're not comparing ****in baldomir to morales. The skill level is night and day. Clottey was winning and got disqualified, he beat a weak zab and ruined gatti.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        Come on man, I know you're not comparing ****in baldomir to morales. The skill level is night and day. Clottey was winning and got disqualified, he beat a weak zab and ruined gatti.
        Oh you're right. Baldomir actually had a belt (and a lineal title) he had successfully defended at the time, so really he was in a better spot when Floyd fought him than Morales against Raheem. He wasn't killing himself jumping around in weights like Morales either. I'm just having some fun with daggum.

Comment

Oh you're right. Baldomir actually had a belt (and a lineal title) he had successfully defended at the time, so really he was in a better spot when Floyd fought him than Morales against Raheem. He wasn't killing himself jumping around in weights like Morales either. I'm just having some fun with daggum.
          i don't like fun.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
            I respect your knowledge but he couldn't hurt salka, pathetic ko ratio. He's a typical Floyd opponent, had a marquee win, for him, over nothing special, then fought Floyd. He has 16 ****in losses man.
            I'm not saying he is a monster puncher, maybe thudding was the wrong word to use. He punched slow and would chip away at you

Comment

Clottey: Baldomir won because Clottey got DQed not because Baldomir did better than Clottey. Clottey was winning the fight. Also this fight happened years prior (1999).

Zab: The only thing that is consistent about him is that he is inconsistent. Zab lost almost all his big fights at WW. He lost close to half of his WW fights. At one point he realized it and went back down to JWW ....

To even bring up Morales's name like you did is a big joke. The only thing that is common is perhaps that they both were not good once they went above the weight divisions that they were considered at their best.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                thudding punches with no power on them but they thudded hard.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  Clottey: Baldomir won because Clottey got DQed not because Baldomir did better than Clottey. Clottey was winning the fight. Also this fight happened years prior (1999).

Zab: The only thing that is consistent about him is that he is inconsistent. Zab lost almost all his big fights at WW. He lost close to half of his WW fights. At one point he realized it and went back down to JWW ....

To even bring up Morales's name like you did is a big joke. The only thing that is common is perhaps that they both were not good once they went above the weight divisions that they were considered at their best.
                  Sad thing is Floyd fought Zab when he was coming off a loss to Baldomir smh

Got dropped and should have been dq'ed because roger choked zab

I joke I joke I kid I kid

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post

That whole scenario sucked...

Zab looked like he had realized his full potential in his welter reign and was on a collision course with floyd,, I was super hyped for that fight, but then baldomir beat Judah down in the 2nd half of their fight, and it sucked all the air out of zab-floyd fight..

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post

That loss against no-name Baldomir just killed it for me. That is when I said that Judah should go back down to JWW.

Yup Floyd should have been DQed in that fight.
                      What Roger did was blatant and had intent on harming the opponent. Below is what could happen when you enter the ring even if it was by accident (not to intentionally harm the opponent)

"Kirkland was awarded a 10th-round disqualification victory when Molina's corner entered the ring after the bell rang to end the round. However, Kirkland had dropped Molina just as the bell rang and officially the round was not over as referee Jon Schorle was giving Molina, who did not appear hurt, a count.

Molina beat the count, but after a few moments of confusion, Schorle waived his arms and disqualified Molina in a fight he was easily winning on the Erik Morales-Danny Garcia undercard."

Comment

Working...
                      X