No announcement yet.

Gatti, Baldomir and Golovkin. Fightnight weights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gatti, Baldomir and Golovkin. Fightnight weights

Does anybody know the fight night weights for Gatti and Baldomir when they fought Floyd? How much did they gain from the weigh-in?

What does that say about Golovkin as a future opponent for Floyd?

Thanks.

I don't know but I do know that Canelo was 172 lbs against Trout fight night...so why not.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Does anybody know the fight night weights for Gatti and Baldomir when they fought Floyd? How much did they gain from the weigh-in?

Thanks.
      Carlos baldomir weighed in at 162 fight night for floyd

Comment

Nobody knows the fight night weights for Floyd or Gatti on the night that they fought, to my knowledge. I know that HBO openly acknowledged not having them on-air.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Thanks.
          It says nothing. The gatti and baldo fights were at a completely different stage of floyd's career. They were both champions in the weight classes floyd moved to.

GGG is the MW champion and floyd is almost 37. I dont see floyd moving to MW before he retires.

Comment

Canelo is 172, golo kin was 170

Comment

gatti used to put on a good amount of weight after he weighed in. he was 160 + against joey gamache, and that was years before the floyd fight.

after that he took most of his fights above 140, until he got the 140 lb belt back for the dorin and leija fights.

i'd guess that he was no less than 150 lbs, and probably closer to 160. i am only speculating.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                It says nothing. The gatti and baldo fights were at a completely different stage of floyd's career. They were both champions in the weight classes floyd moved to.

GGG is the MW champion and floyd is almost 37. I dont see floyd moving to MW before he retires.
                Who said MW? GGG wants to challenge for Floyd's belts at 154, no moving up required

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Who said MW? GGG wants to challenge for Floyd's belts at 154, no moving up required
                  you missed the point. floyd moved up to fight gatti and baldo-he isn't moving up to mw. thats the difference between baldo and gatti fights.

if ggg comes down and somehow this fight gets made all we will see on NSB is if floyd wins-floyd didn't beat him at his best weight, ggg was drained, yad ayda yada.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    you missed the point. floyd moved up to fight gatti and baldo-he isn't moving up to mw. thats the difference between baldo and gatti fights.

if ggg comes down and somehow this fight gets made all we will see on NSB is if floyd wins-floyd didn't beat him at his best weight, ggg was drained, yad ayda yada.
                    if i missed the point, it's cause it's poorly stated:

Obiously he wouldn't have to move up to fight GGG, unless it's the historical 2lb jump you're talking about

Comment

Working...
                    X