Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Knocks Manny Pacquiao Out Cold in Six

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once you have been exposed of being knocked out, then everyone in the fight game will try to used the pattern to be you. pac worst problem i see now , is that he is most open for a counter when he jumps off his feet forwards or jumping backwards. I guess once your in the air you have to wait come down, lol I think if he wasnt so in a hurry to finish jmm off, he could have stay more on his feet. He started jumpin in and out so often , that it became a pattern for failure. Lets hope he doesnt retire and he has lots of years ahead of him. He gave the sport way more than he had too. Im thankful for that!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWinners View Post
      Hell of a fight. But now it's time to stop the Floyd vs Pacquiao comparisons. Cut the games. Mayweather is better than Manny. Good fight. The undercards were ****TY.
      The two biggest losers are Floyd and Manny. JMM just proved Manny is human, and Floyd a coward for not fighting him. I get sick to my stomach when Mayweather said he was better than Muhammad Ali. Please, Ali faced everyone and never ran. Floyd ran from Pacman & Margarito like a (fill in the blank).

Comment

• Top 3 atg Mexican fighters: 1.JCC SR. 2/3. Interchangeable Salvador Sanches and JMM. That's how much this result means to his career. He goes from surefire 1st ballot hofer to ATG. The change in tactic was subtle, instead of trying to counter and initiate with combinations of varying power. JMM sat in the pocket and sat down on one or two punches putting as much leverage as he could to really hurt Pacquiao. The body shots hurt pac too it was quite a show. I personally would like to see JMM retire or take one more big money fight either Pac 5 or (don't laugh) I really think he has a chance vs Canelo at a CW of 150. It would be a massive event for Cinco de Mayo win or loose he can retire knowing his legacy is secure cuz Canelo won't knock him out JMM is too smart for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Not too sure about that.

I'm not going to say those two, monstrous, well-timed, right hands by Marquez were lucky punches; he knew exactly where he was throwing it, when he was throwing it, none of that eyes closed bullsh-t, Marquez knew what he was doing. BUT, the fact is Pacquiao was handily beating up on Marquez 5 rounds to 1 before the stoppage. He was ripping Marquez's face apart.

Obviously, as a fl-mo, I should be biased and sh-tting all over Pacquiao and not talking about what else happened before the KO. But the truth is, by the 5th round, I actually accepted that Marquez's win in that fight came in the form of surviving the fight, and I had accepted that Pacquiao was going to win a wide decision, this time rightfully so. The first knock down seemed like false hope by the 6th round. Marquez was pretty much there just getting his ass kicked after he scored the KD. Then boom the KO happened.

If I was Marquez, I would pull a Lennox Lewis and retire on this win. Let the 4 legendary fights be talked about forever and let people argue about how he possibly won them all. Instead of fighting a 5th fight and probably losing widely.
          I completely agree. I really don't want to see a fifth fight. Unfortunately, unlike most ****** Pac fans on this site and many more besides, I know that while it wasn't 'lucky' it was a once in lifetime performance and that he would probably get KOd himself in a fifth fight. He's 40 years old! Time catches up to everyone eventually, even Hopkins and Marquez.

People have already forgotten that he was as big and ripped, and had been using Heredia for their third fight. He still lost that one! He just found the magic in this fight through insane persistance, determination, hardwork and desire. I don't think he could repeat though, just like I don't think Pac could repeat the Hatton KO, or Martinez the Williams KO.

Comment

• Originally posted by dnut17 View Post
            Top 3 atg Mexican fighters: 1.JCC SR. 2/3. Interchangeable Salvador Sanches and JMM. That's how much this result means to his career. He goes from surefire 1st ballot hofer to ATG. The change in tactic was subtle, instead of trying to counter and initiate with combinations of varying power. JMM sat in the pocket and sat down on one or two punches putting as much leverage as he could to really hurt Pacquiao. The body shots hurt pac too it was quite a show. I personally would like to see JMM retire or take one more big money fight either Pac 5 or (don't laugh) I really think he has a chance vs Canelo at a CW of 150. It would be a massive event for Cinco de Mayo win or loose he can retire knowing his legacy is secure cuz Canelo won't knock him out JMM is too smart for that.
            One last comment on this fight. People always forget one important fact. JMM has NEVER been knocked OUT. People remember the vulnerability he's shown in being knocked down multiple times but it's hard to quantify a person's mental strength, focus and determination. JMM is still not PAC's physical equal but mentally JMM will always be one or two steps ahead.

Comment

• Time to post. First off, Congrats to Marquez for that earth shattering punch. You deserve that w. In my early posts before this fight ever happened I always said roided or not, Marquez will be given credit if he wins. That said, watching the fight. He sacrificed some speed for power. He wasn't throwing combos, His game plan was to get one in and end the fight. Ala Mike Tyson. The thing is he isn't even a heavy weight to think in that aspect but he did. He know he has the 1 punch power to end a fight. That for me is what's questionable.

He mustered power at an age were he is turning 40. When in his previous 3 fights with Pac. He hit pac solidly so many time in these 3 fights and Pac never got knocked down. That for me is telling. He isn't at a prime to find new power in himself. He was @ almost 40. Only logical explanation is roids. As I said props to him for winning but he did win with roids. To strong for a man not known for that power.

Pac in the other hand was blitzing boxers before, and was accused of roiding as well, but the difference with Pac is, he is a known puncher and he was blitzing people in his prime not when he was at the end of his career. It was his prime self and his physical attributes that made him a typhoon. That's the difference. If you suspect pac is roiding what more with a 40 year old man who looked like he can throw like a heavyweight.

I know some would say, hey that was a perfectly timed shot anyone will go down with that. But look at the previous 3 fights. Marquez hit Pac cleanly so many times but Pac never went down. Just sayng it really is suspecting to see where the hell did that power come from. Roids?

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                Come on Dave..... Floyd wanted the same thing Pacquiao fans are salty over now. To know if Pac was clean and that's it. You put all this on Floyd but Bob Arum has stated numerous times how he feels about working with Floyd and Golden Boy. I can't cosign this statement.
                Floyd wanted to put Pacquiao at a psychological disadvantage, that's all there was to it. And Marquez proved that Floyd was stupid. He killed what would have been the biggest fight since Ali-Frazier, which would have massively helped boxing, and which would have dramatically cemented his own legacy, and only a fanboy could defend his actions now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                  Time to post. First off, Congrats to Marquez for that earth shattering punch. You deserve that w. In my early posts before this fight ever happened I always said roided or not, Marquez will be given credit if he wins. That said, watching the fight. He sacrificed some speed for power. He wasn't throwing combos, His game plan was to get one in and end the fight. Ala Mike Tyson. The thing is he isn't even a heavy weight to think in that aspect but he did. He know he has the 1 punch power to end a fight. That for me is what's questionable.

He mustered power at an age were he is turning 40. When in his previous 3 fights with Pac. He hit pac solidly so many time in these 3 fights and Pac never got knocked down. That for me is telling. He isn't at a prime to find new power in himself. He was @ almost 40. Only logical explanation is roids. As I said props to him for winning but he did win with roids. To strong for a man not known for that power.

Pac in the other hand was blitzing boxers before, and was accused of roiding as well, but the difference with Pac is, he is a known puncher and he was blitzing people in his prime not when he was at the end of his career. It was his prime self and his physical attributes that made him a typhoon. That's the difference. If you suspect pac is roiding what more with a 40 year old man who looked like he can throw like a heavyweight.

I know some would say, hey that was a perfectly timed shot anyone will go down with that. But look at the previous 3 fights. Marquez hit Pac cleanly so many times but Pac never went down. Just sayng it really is suspecting to see where the hell did that power come from. Roids?
                  Why are people speaking as though Marquez is a Paulie Malignaggi type fighter? His KO record is just as impressive as Manny's.

Comment

• Originally posted by tlarry View Post
                    JMM & Pacquiao take risk, win, lose, or draw. They have always fought the best of the best, in their prime, multiple times, because they are warriors, and because that's what legends before them did; Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Arguello, Chavez Sr. Floyd won't take those risk; he could get hurt. Better yet, he could lose his manufactured, "0". Dela Hoya, Mosley, Cotto, Trinidad all fought that way, as did JMM & Pacquiao. That's credible.
                    Keep crying b1tch.

Has Plankiao woken up yet ?

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                      Put Pac in with an actual past prime fighter and all the hype will be back. People are crying that Robert is a POS fighter when it comes to Mayweather, how about we see Pac fight The Ghost while JMM and Bradley fight.

Pac is not past it, he’s just fighting live opposition with speed and movement. Not **** canned non mobile fighters like Clottey, Margarito and Mosley. I bet the flat fee of 40 million looks good right about now. Will Bob cash out or put Pac in with a bum to get that hype back? I hope this fight RORALLY ****ed his plans up.
                      I agree

Come on pac-stain's..... Guerrero is ****, right ?

Mayweather would be a cherry-picker if he fought Guerrero, right ?

The **** fighter Guerrero would a perfect soft fight to help Manny get back in the groove...... lets see Pac get his mojo back with Guerrero.

Oh, wait, I forgot..... Guerrero is ranked #3, so..... too high for Manny..... Pac doesn't fight welters who are ranked that high.

Comment

Working...
                      X