No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia vs. Judah Tripleheader on Showtime, January 19

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    Quillin is going to fight Rubio or Vera.
    I believe Rubio tops him, Ima make a poll to see what ppl here thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by el_mas_chingon View Post
      All 5 beat Garcia!

1. JMM
      2. Mathysse
      3. Rios
      4. Guzman
      5. Alvarado

And Cano, Josesito Lopez, Ajose and Peterson give him a run for his money!
      Before I criticize, I have to know: what do you base your list on? Why do you have these fighters in this specific order?

Comment

Or will Garcia bring Barrera out of retirement for another easy fight or possibly rematch Khan. Come on Kid Canelos Moving up Calling for the big names he's out of the phase Danny's going thru right now, just watch what happens to Cottto IF he gets thru Trout!
        Garcia and Canelo are not comparable. Most of Canelo's fights @LMW were against opponents who weren't even used to the weight. At least Judah/Khan/Holt are actual 140lbers, and at least Morales won a belt at the weight against Cano before Garcia fought him.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Before I criticize, I have to know: what do you base your list on? Why do you have these fighters in this specific order?
          Basically just off of their last 5-10 last fights that I've seen, let me ask you why do you hold Danny in such high regard, wins over a shot Morales or a no chin Khan?

Comment

Basically just off of their last 5-10 last fights that I've seen, let me ask you why do you hold Danny in such high regard, wins over a shot Morales or a no chin Khan?
            Well, other than being the Ring/WBC/WBA champion (which you don't value), he's shown development from his fight with Campbell to his latest fight with Morales 2. He hasn't stagnated as a fighter, hasn't started to rest on his laurels. He starched Khan as an underdog and he starched Morales (who enforced his rematch clause). We knew he was going to beat him, but I didn't think it would be that soon and in that devastating of a fashion. Morales beat Cano for the WBC belt, and Khan was a Top 5 LWW (arguably Top 3) coming off a close/controversial loss to Peterson. I put him @ #1 because he has the biggest bulls-eye on his back, he's now THE guy in the division that everyone is going to go after. My top 5 isn't built like my P4P ranking, where I have Ward/Mayweather at the top because I think their skill/style trumps everyone else's. Even-though I would pick JMM and Matthysse against Garcia, I don't rank them higher than him. Is that why you have Marquez at the top, because you would favor or bet on him to beat everyone else?

All 5 beat Garcia!
            1. JMM
            2. Mathysse
            3. Rios
            4. Guzman
            5. Alvarado

And Cano, Josesito Lopez, Ajose and Peterson give him a run for his money!
            Marquez/Rios have only had one fight @140. Guzman has fought 3 irrelevant opponents @140. Alvarado's 2 notable wins came against Herrera and Prescott. Herrera's only notable win was against Provodnikov, who's still unproven himself. Prescott doesn't have a signature win @140, and was coming off a loss to McCloskey before he fought Alvarado.

My point is, rankings are supposed to be objective. Your ranking is based on how much you favor one fighter over the others.

Comment

Judah has got more lives than a cat, I knew he would end up getting another opportunity somewhere.

Comment

Judah gets knocked out with a counter left hook early in the fight and everyone knows it

Comment

Well, other than being the Ring/WBC/WBA champion (which you don't value), he's shown development from his fight with Campbell to his latest fight with Morales 2. He hasn't stagnated as a fighter, hasn't started to rest on his laurels. He starched Khan as an underdog and he starched Morales (who enforced his rematch clause). We knew he was going to beat him, but I didn't think it would be that soon and in that devastating of a fashion. Morales beat Cano for the WBC belt, and Khan was a Top 5 LWW (arguably Top 3) coming off a close/controversial loss to Peterson. I put him @ #1 because he has the biggest bulls-eye on his back, he's now THE guy in the division that everyone is going to go after. My top 5 isn't built like my P4P ranking, where I have Ward/Mayweather at the top because I think their skill/style trumps everyone else's. Even-though I would pick JMM and Matthysse against Garcia, I don't rank them higher than him. Is that why you have Marquez at the top, because you would favor or bet on him to beat everyone else?

Marquez/Rios have only had one fight @140. Guzman has fought 3 irrelevant opponents @140. Alvarado's 2 notable wins came against Herrera and Prescott. Herrera's only notable win was against Provodnikov, who's still unproven himself. Prescott doesn't have a signature win @140, and was coming off a loss to McCloskey before he fought Alvarado.

My point is, rankings are supposed to be objective. Your ranking is based on how much you favor one fighter over the others.
                  You my friend understand boxing. I agree 100% with everything you said. I find it funny that the people who say Morales was gonna beat Garcia the second time cause he wasn't coming off surgery and he had a full training camp are the same people saying he was old and shot after he got KO'd. I'm not crazy about Garcia but he has fundamental skills which people are missing because he's been winning in such devastating fashion. I just hope he doesn't get overconfident and forgets to use them. Also, people are hippocrites on here. They allow some boxers to bloat their records constantly fighting no names and then when someone else does it, they're like oh he has to fight him and him. I don't disagree with them but it's funny when it doesn't count when it's the boxer they like lol. Anyway Garcia should keep fighting top competition after Judah. I understand it's mainly a payday and I still consider Judah a threat but I'd like to see how Garcia favors against hungry young fighters like himself.

Comment

well, for one, none of them are puerto rican.

you have to be delusional to ***** about danny whilst cupping nelo's ballsack. both guys are in the same boat, but because danny's "different" its worth crying about. i wonder why?

Comment

Lol ill be rooting for Judah but I already know the outcome of this one

Comment

Working...
                      X