Holmes stops Ali in 10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holmes stops Ali in 10

From an article I read

Younger, stronger, and in his prime, the 31 year old Larry Holmes (35-0), the*WBC Heavyweight Champion,*was matched up against*an old, shopwarn Muhammad Ali (56-4) wh
    o was likely in the early stages of Parkinson's Disease, a disorder of the brain*that slows one's reflexes and eventually leads to shaking (tremors) and difficulty with walking, movement, and*coordination.

Unbeknownst to many, three months before the fight, Ali was ordered by the Nevada Athletic Commission to visit the Mayo Clinic for a*neurological exam. The results exam were not made public at the time but contained the following results (source:BoxRec):
    Muhammad Ali was a little off when he tried to touch his finger to his nose.*
    He had trouble coordinating his speech, and*
    The fight legend couldn't hop on one foot well.*
    Despite the poor results, Nevada approved the fight with Holmes.

In an absolutely disgusting bout, the 31 year old champion dismantled the 38 year old legend in 10 rounds of a scheduled 15*round bout. There were no
    knockdowns, but Holmes dominated the fight and was given every round by all three judges.*Finally, Ali's corner stopped the fight after the tenth round.

"But but, he was cleared to fight yo"

He fought again aswell just over a year later.

Comment

Op why did U never respond in your thread about cotto not making excuses about manny. I was worried for your well being

Comment

Is there a comparison being drawn here?

Comment

Thanks, but I already knew what happened in the Holmes-Ali fight.

Comment

Working...
          X