Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Froch retire after Bute, and Kessler (prolly end of '13?)? And. . .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Froch retire after Bute, and Kessler (prolly end of '13?)? And. . .

does he get a pass on not fighting the young, fast, strong, undefeated, yet still relatively unproven mandatory challenger to his belt, Adonis Stevenson?

I know I"m being selfish because if ANY boxer has the right to take a soft touch, it's Froch. Look at the guy's resume over the past 3-4 years: Pascal, Taylor, Dirrell, Kessler, Abraham, Johnson, Ward, Bute - back, to back, to back, to back, to back, toback, to back, to back. . . Christ, that's UNHEARD of in this era of boxing. Also, add Magee to that list, a boxer who I think is a legitimate top ten at 168. . .

So the Mack fight is excusable for Froch. Lol, I better not hear anybody say anything about this beast taking a softer touch.

SO yeah, if he chooses to just fight Bute, and Kessler, and then call it a day. No complaints from me. He's earned it.

I guess I'm just a little selfish in saying I'd LOVE to see Froch fight Stevenson. Wow, what a fight that would be. I think it resembles Froch/Pascal. Froch's experience, and timing, and reflexes would overcome Adonis' raw speed advantage.

Also, I'd love to see Froch fight Tavoris Cloud. That would be a FOTY. Froch is at his best when he's boxing off the back foot with the jab. He would take the role of boxer/matador in this fight. He's quite hte sharpshooter with his jab, straight, and 1-2, 1-2-3's as well. He's got a BRILLIANT up-jab he shoots up from his hip, blinding his opponent (they can't see it coming). Cloud is the type of style that makes Froch really shine, and reveal his hugely underrated pure-boxing skills.

But whatever Froch decides to do, I'm with him 100%. He's earned the right to fight whoever he wants from here on out as far as I'm concerned.

Probably Kessler rematch would be good. Bute will get walked over.

Comment

Bute rematch, Kessler rematch, Ward rematch. Then maybe 175 if he still wants to fight. I can see the Cleverly fight happening at some point.

I don't see him fighting Stevenson. He is just too irrelevant. Ive never seen the guy fight in all honesty.

Comment

A Cloud bout would have to be at light-heavy and Froch isn't moving up.

I think Froch will close out his career against Bute and Kessler unless both fights end early, the latter being his swansong.

Comment

you just know frank warren and cleverly will push for a bout with froch you can see it happening!

Comment

Froch says he will fight Kessler in Denmark again and Ward in the US if he has to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/19915427

Comment

Froch won't retire until he gets sparked.

Comment

Probably late 2013, maybe early 2014.

I'd love to see him move up to LHW and KO that chump, Nathan Cleverly.

Comment

Froch is 35, by the time he is through with Bute and Kessler re matches he will be like 37

Whatever happens at that stage will be irrelevant when discussing his career as he'll be old as ****

Comment

if he does fight cleverly after those two he could be war ridden

Comment

Working...
                    X