No announcement yet.

Dillian 'the Villian' Whyte

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dillian 'the Villian' Whyte

Have been watching some of his fights on youtube and cant decide whether i like him as a prospect or not? Some fights he looks really good, coordinated big, powerful, then others he just seems little bit all over the place.

I gather he isnt that experienced in boxing but has a strong kickboxing background and he is only 24.

What are peoples thoughts on him?

He beat Anthony Joshua in the amateurs.
    Seen him fight Hastings Rasani and thought he was rubbish.

I need to see more but I wasn't impressed with that performance at all.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      He beat Anthony Joshua in the amateurs.
      Seen him fight Hastings Rasani and thought he was rubbish.

I need to see more but I wasn't impressed with that performance at all.
      I will be interested to see how he develops, perhaps a new trainer could calm down his style a little and let him use his physical attributes a little better... and maybe teach him how to throw a right hand...

Comment

Was a very concussive puncher in the amateurs and had Joshua down en route to a points win. Comes from a kickboxing background and has sparred with the likes of Price, Fury, Haye, Vitali, Wlad etc.

Works the body well for a heavyweight and throws a nice right hand but is open to shots when he throws out his jab. Not too sure on his chin and I'd hazard a guess that stamina is going to be a big problem.

I hear he's fighting McDermott at the end of the year, should be a good test. We have a good heavyweight scene domestically at the moment, I hope several match-ups happen in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
          Was a very concussive puncher in the amateurs and had Joshua down en route to a points win. Comes from a kickboxing background and has sparred with the likes of Price, Fury, Haye, Vitali, Wlad etc.

Works the body well for a heavyweight and throws a nice right hand but is open to shots when he throws out his jab. Not too sure on his chin and I'd hazard a guess that stamina is going to be a big problem.

I hear he's fighting McDermott at the end of the year, should be a good test. We have a good heavyweight scene domestically at the moment, I hope several match-ups happen in the near future.
          im really not sure about his right hand, he seems to wing it and slap with it? everyone has different techniques i suppose...

Comment

Working...
          X