Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire on Nishioka, Rigondeaux, Mares, 9/22 Workout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rigo may be a slow fighter, but he has the boxing public questioning if donaire can beat him. The reason fights make money is bc people are talking about them and genuinely interested in whoever wins (except for the superfighters who can fight anyone and make $). Not only is the public interested but rigo called him out and he has acknowledged him (though disparagingly). The fact that this fight seems to be getting a little buzz means something both to a fighters pride and more importantly to the bottom line (hopefully).

Comment

Originally posted by Elzilcho.- View Post
      In all honesty I believe Moreno is the top dog at 122. Great skills and great craft. Can't wait to see what he does against Mares. And Nishi is a bit over the hill, but that's alright cause he has tremendous experience. It should be a fun fight to watch
      i like moreno too and ive been honestly more impressed with him than rigo but he cant be a top dog in a divison he has'nt fought in, thats just not possible

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
        i like moreno too and ive been honestly more impressed with him than rigo but he cant be a top dog in a divison he has'nt fought in, thats just not possible
        True my bad. But he is on his way up pretty fast

Comment

Originally posted by Elzilcho.- View Post
          True my bad. But he is on his way up pretty fast
          yeah , i think he'll be alright at 122....i was surprised mares took him on...

he did duck nonito at bw tho and even admitted it...he said he was'nt ready at that time and needed 2 more fights..im sure he'd fight him now tho and i do see him beating donaire, he's that good..

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
            yeah , i think he'll be alright at 122....i was surprised mares took him on...

he did duck nonito at bw tho and even admitted it...he said he was'nt ready at that time and needed 2 more fights..im sure he'd fight him now tho and i do see him beating donaire, he's that good..
            Yeah I remember that. He might not have been mentally ready to take on someone like Donaire but that comes with experience. Well see in the coming months who fights who and hopefully they all fight each other

Comment

Donaire vs. Nishioka was the fight everyone was asking for so people need to get off Donaire.

Anyways, I'm not sure who Donaire thinks he is saying other fighters need to "prove" themselves to get a shot at him. He's no superstar.

Comment

Working...
              X