Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Groom accidentally kills dad, two guests after firing celebration shots at wedding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by TRAV1$ View Post
      Firing bullets into the sky is basically the same as running into a street, closing your eyes and firing anyway
      If that fella who dropped an apple on his head is to be listened to, aren't those bullets going to rain down at basically the same speed they left the gun?
      Erm I dunno but I don't think the bullets went down and got them. I think he lsot control and shot at them

Comment

Originally posted by P-Killer View Post
        Erm I dunno but I don't think the bullets went down and got them. I think he lsot control and shot at them
        Yeah I mean in any circumstance when bullets are shot into the air.

Comment

If that fella who dropped an apple on his head is to be listened to, aren't those bullets going to rain down at basically the same speed they left the gun?
          No,if the bullet is shot vertically in the air at the apex of its flight all energy delivered by the cartridge is expended and the bullet may as well be dropped from a great hight. gravity is the provider of force on the downward flight.

Comment

Yeah I mean in any circumstance when bullets are shot into the air.
            bullets travel at like 1000+ feet per second leaving a gun and have a terminal velocity (max speed with air friction) at about 300 feet per second.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
              bullets travel at like 1000+ feet per second leaving a gun and have a terminal velocity (max speed with air friction) at about 300 feet per second.
              slow pistol bullets travel at 1000 fps.

rifles go 2-3x times faster.

an ak-47 bullet travels at 2300-2400 fps coming out of the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Geze View Post
                That's sad...

On other note how do they celebrate after winning a gun battle?.
                They throw knives in the air, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless* View Post

Comment

Firing bullets into the sky is basically the same as running into a street, closing your eyes and firing anyway

No chief, there's terminal velocity, very roughly 300 feet per second
                    on the downward trip, as opposed to 2300 feet per second out of a
                    typical AK-47 muzzle/ammo combination: downward, all you have is
                    acceleration due to gravity versus air friction; upward, there's the
                    cartridge propellant to kick it many times faster, versus gravity and
                    air friction.

300 feet per second is however still potentially lethal, and firing into
                    the air is indeed stupid. That groom has no one to blame but himself.

h.

EDIT: ****, John Hue and Rudy Robert beat me to it.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X