No announcement yet.

Current Underachievers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonesroy View Post
    Really?. I disagree, although I did expect him to be competitive against Klitschko. Haye was the undisputed cruiserweight champ and did win a title at heavyweight. He's still the best heavyweight not named Klitschko.
    He could and should be doing much more at HW

Comment

Is Khan really an underachiever? I think people mistake his often spectacular offence with the broader idea of superb talent. He has some very significant weaknesses that have eventually caught up with him, and with those weaknesses it's hard to see how much higher the guy could go. He's a title holder, and maybe a divisional champ if gets the right opponents. But he's not going to rule a division, there's too much stuff he doesn't know how to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        Is Khan really an underachiever? I think people mistake his often spectacular offence with the broader idea of superb talent. He has some very significant weaknesses that have eventually caught up with him, and with those weaknesses it's hard to see how much higher the guy could go. He's a title holder, and maybe a divisional champ if gets the right opponents. But he's not going to rule a division, there's too much stuff he doesn't know how to deal with.
        But if guys like Hatton and Malignaggi - fighters who are shorter and slower than Khan - were able to win titles at 140 and 147, then shouldn't Khan be able to do at least that much?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          He could and should be doing much more at HW
          He did beat Valuev. I'm not sure if a win over Adamek or Povetkin would be more impressive than Valuev - perhaps as impressive, but not more.

Comment

You can say anyone is an underachiever. Lewis shouldn't have lost the fights he did and Tyson shouldn't have lost to Douglas. Therefore, Lewis and Tyson must be underachievers.

Comment

good ones so far. andre dirrell might be my number one.

jorge linares

yuriorkis gamboa (he's an odd case. he spent much of his prime as an amateur.)

joan guzman
              Last edited by New England; 12-18-2012, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post

the guy is crazy fast. he has a few flaws that turn into game changers.

defense and chin, mainly. if he fixed his defense he'd be a much rougher go. if he had an iron chin and a great defense he'd be very hard to beat at 140 lbs. he's crazy fast, tall at the weight, and he's got some steam.

Comment

Originally posted by jonesroy View Post
                  He did beat Valuev. I'm not sure if a win over Adamek or Povetkin would be more impressive than Valuev - perhaps as impressive, but not more.
                  Valuev was beaten by Chagaev, whereas Povetkin has beaten Chagaev, Byrd, and Chambers. Adamek has beaten Arreola and has only ever lost to Vitali and Chad Dawson. Both Adamek and Povetkin are bigger wins.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                    You can say anyone is an underachiever. Lewis shouldn't have lost the fights he did and Tyson shouldn't have lost to Douglas. Therefore, Lewis and Tyson must be underachievers.
                    I'm not talking about fighters getting upset by other fighters, I'm talking about their accomplishments. Lewis and Tyson were both undisputed heavyweight champions. If you start your career at heavyweight, that's about as far as you can go.

Comment

Joan Guzman
                      Oladier Solis
                      Andre Berto
                      Victor Ortiz

Just off the top of my head.

Comment

Working...
                      X