Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better legacy between Pacquiao and Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Pac is ahead of Duran. Pac is one man at the top of his proffesion and everyone looks up to the beacon of light that is Pac, and to a lesser degree Floyd.

With Duran he was never singled out as the best, rather than one of many bests.

People keep saying what Pac has done has never been done, and never may likely be done again. So you do the maths.
    There are many historians who consider Roberto Duran the best fighter of the 70's. You know, the era Muhammad Ali was in?

Yeah. Slightlyyyyyy better than this era.

Comment

• Originally posted by badass316 View Post
      From what I see (again maybe I'm missing something), I have:

Duran Wins:
      Leonard - 1
      Palomino - 1
      Buchanan - 1
      Cuevas - 1

Duran Losses:
      Benitez - 1
      Hagler - 1
      Hearns - 1
      Leonard - 2

That's 4-5, not a winning record (unless I've missed someone again). And no I didn't see your post from page 9. I just saw the one post that you stated that he didn't have a losing record. At the time it stuck out to me because the only real HOFers that I thought he fought were the 3 from the fab 4 and benitez. Although BlackIrish pointed out others that I didn't know about. But even with the 3 I missed I still have him as sub .500

And lets not get into the math stuff. I can do a little basic math to say the least lol And I'm not really a floyd fan either
      You have incredible patience because they will boxrec, use a life line, and google themselves to death to prove it wrong.

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      LOL @ mentioning me,

To me an idiot is when they use the logic of Duran didn't beat anybody at LW.

Or that Duran lost to Camacho.

Which is terrible logic.

Or when people throw names like Paz being in the HOF when he's not.
      Well he did lose to Camacho right?It fukin counts. You know why? Because the base for a lot of this arguement has been that the over the hill version of Duran still beat guys. If you can bring up his wins past prime then its only fair to bring up those losses too. Or maybe you're a Duranmo or a Durantard? LOL. Either way Im done with this topic.

Comment

• people were debating if JCC was the GOAT once upon a time too...and he was an amazing 85-0(never been done before, and might never be done again). and he was considered the best in the world for a while too.

doesnt mean he magically is better than Duran either.

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
          You have incredible patience because they will boxrec, use a life line, and google themselves to death to prove it wrong.
          LoL, it sort of helps that the numbers (from the site) is tilted on my side a bit. Although BlackIrish certainly closed the gap on my initial though of a 1-5 record against HOFers when he pointed out the ones that I missed. In the end its nothing more than a friendly debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post

Well he did lose to Camacho right?It fukin counts. You know why? Because the base for a lot of this arguement has been that the over the hill version of Duran still beat guys. If you can bring up his wins past prime then its only fair to bring up those losses too. Or maybe you're a Duranmo or a Durantard? LOL. Either way Im done with this topic.
            coming from the guy who doesnt know who Ken Buchanan or Carlos Palomino are.

dont you find yourself ******ed that you count a loss against Duran when he was 50 years old? I mean, really?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
              coming from the guy who doesnt know who Ken Buchanan or Carlos Palomino are.

dont you find yourself ******ed that you count a loss against Duran when he was 50 years old? I mean, really?
              Im familiar with Buchanan and I went and took a look at Palomino. Wrong guy. They're good. They're not two fighters that put Pac's record to shame and one of these guys we're discussing is still fighting top guys so give it some time and it wont matter how much history you want to delete to make an arguement. I dont make excuses for other men and I'd like to think Duran wouldnt make excuses for himself nor accept your pitty.

Comment

• The level of ignorance on here is embarrassing. Roberto Duran is a boxing GOD!!

Comment

• Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                  people were debating if JCC was the GOAT once upon a time too...and he was an amazing 85-0(never been done before, and might never be done again). and he was considered the best in the world for a while too.

doesnt mean he magically is better than Duran either.
                  The majority of them were bums, however going undefeated against Mayweather, Taylor, Castillo, Haugen, Lockridge, Ramirez is amazing.

Comment

• Duran hands down

Best light weight of all time 71-1 record.

Beat a PRIME UNDEFEATED Sugar Ray Leonard at SRL natural weight class (no catch weight needed)

He held world titles at four different weights—lightweight (1972–79), welterweight (1980), junior middleweight (1983–84) and middleweight (1989) again no catch weights needed.

Durán is the only man in boxing history to win fights in 5 separate decades. He registered wins in the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s and the 2000s.

I could list more... but I think I proved my point Durans legacy beats Pacs hands down.

Comment

• Its like saying Justin Bieber is a better pop star than prime MJ.

Half of you people have no concept of boxing history and true legends such as Roberto 'Manos de Piedra' Duran.

Educate yourselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X