Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Brook-Gavin, Joshua-Johnson, Mitchell-Linares & Undercards Fight Discussion!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really excited about the Joshua-Johnson fight; Kevin Johnson has really hyped the **** outa this fight with his self promotion. I hope it lives up to all of it

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Really excited about the Joshua-Johnson fight; Kevin Johnson has really hyped the **** outa this fight with his self promotion. I hope it lives up to all of it
      im excited for the entire card, just sucks its ppv made it a harder for a USA playa to get his hands on it.

I also heard bein espanol will show the main fight only i think.

Comment

I'm not picking Mitchell but I do think he has a decent shot at knocking Linares out. Wonder what the odds are on that one.

Comment

I thought everyone would have learned their lesson by now. I've been fooled by Johnson and his big talk more times than I care to remember. I always tell myself that next time I'll cut all the talk away and just watch one of his recent fights.

And then it all comes back to me again.

However, he's been training with Peter Fury and sparring Tyson and Hughie.. I figured that when he said he met a trainer who was real and told him he was a lazy piece of sht like nobody had ever done before.

That could only have been Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            I thought everyone would have learned their lesson by now. I've been fooled by Johnson and his big talk more times than I care to remember. I always tell myself that next time I'll cut all the talk away and just watch one of his recent fights.

And then it all comes back to me again.

However, he's been training with Peter Fury and sparring Tyson and Hughie.. I figured that when he said he met a trainer who was real and told him he was a lazy piece of sht like nobody had ever done before.

That could only have been Peter.
            Yes, I heard all the interviews of Kevin stating that. However, I think his training camp was only 4 weeks. Putting things in perspective though, 4 weeks is not gonna make up for being lazy for the last 5-8 years. A good 4 week training is good but Anthony Joshua has been in training camp since he turned pro. Anthony Joshua has been dedicated to training and developing 24/7 365 days a year, not just for the last 4 weeks.

Are we gonna get fooled again with Johnson putting in a nonperformance? Probably

Comment

How long until the fights start?

Comment

Yes, I heard all the interviews of Kevin stating that. However, I think his training camp was only 4 weeks. Putting things in perspective though, 4 weeks is not gonna make up for being lazy for the last 5-8 years. A good 4 week training is good but Anthony Joshua has been in training camp since he turned pro. Anthony Joshua has been dedicated to training and developing 24/7 365 days a year, not just for the last 4 weeks.

Are we gonna get fooled again with Johnson putting in a nonperformance? Probably
                Yeah but he said he's been there since 8 weeks ago. Eddie Hearn says 4 weeks. So little unsure about that.

But yeah, we're totally going to get fooled - or I mean those who believe in KJs hype will. He's not going to bring anything on the night other than a semi-tough defence. I foresee Joshua smashing him to bits from the second round onwards and probably close the show in round 4.

Mind you, AJ wants to hurt him now. Badly. So I'm kind of looking forward to it.

In my early day prep for the show I almost bought Johnson's new book for $2.99

I think I'll buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                  Show starts in 45 minutes. I'm sitting on a dodgy stream from Malaysia.

Literally couldn't be any worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                    British title fights start in an hour and the four big fights will be on from about 8pm onwards uk time I would think. Theres a few cracking british title fights on the bill I wouldn't miss though.

Comment

For those who didn't know, Nathan Cleverly has also been added to the card.

Comment

Working...
                      X