Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the last black fighter to get a decision in the uk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
    didn't know al sharpton is a member of boxingscene.com.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
      Seems like you only care when blacks get robbed. Were you crying foul when Beltran got robbed against burns?
      Thanks for bringing that fight up!!..another black mark on british boxing

Comment

I had it 7-5 Eubank but I don't think there is much to criticize here. He got the nod on one of the cards, got edged by 2 on one. He gave away some of the early rounds, good learning experience. The scores were fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Silky-Flow View Post
          Over a Caucasian opponent in a high profile fight?

Dirrell= Was clearly robbed vs Froch

Degale= Dominated Groves in those last seven rounds or so but got nothing

Eubank jr= Took over the fight after the 4th round tonight, the commentators on the radio including ex fighters Steven Collins and Richie Woodhall all had Chris winning the fight

It would appear that a KO is the only road to victory for certain fighters in the UK....James was a gold medallist on a great run but british boxing decided to invest in Groves which now looks like a pathetic decision. James was pretty much thrown in the trash...had to fight on channel 5 instead of Sky and fought in some right old dumps. Thankfully James has stuck two fingers up at those forces now.

The same will be true when it comes to Eubank jr...Billy Joe won't amount to much from what I saw tonight as the lad's got nothing on the inside...but british boxing has invested in him like they did with Groves...we'll see what happens next.

The bottom line though is if I were advising a black prospect in the UK I wouldn't allow them in fights like Degale/Groves or Eubank jr/Saunders as recent history suggests a decision is simply not likely regardless of how the fight goes.
          You didn't even watch the fight?

Comment

I think the last black guy to get a real decision in the UK was the last black guy to take your mother home from the bar "peeleft:

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
              You didn't even watch the fight?
              I did watch it actually...but I also listened to the radio to get other opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Silky-Flow View Post
                I did watch it actually...but I also listened to the radio to get other opinions.

Sure you did.

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter Maximus View Post
                  I think the last black guy to get a real decision in the UK was the last black guy to take your mother home from the bar "peeleft:
                  Did the same "black guy" then pay a visit to your dad? your post has "camp" written all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tedkidlewis View Post
                    Terence Crawford.
                    That didn't take long HAHAHAHA

It is a bit insulting to the legends of the past who REAL DEALT WITH RACISM and had to score a KO because if they didn't they would lose regardless if they dominated the fight from start to finish

Comment

Just watched the whole Bad Blood card on Boxnation and my opinion - Don't be silly! You can easily score the first 5 rounds for Saunders and then pick out 2 mid to late rounds which 2 of the cards were 115 - 113 and 115 - 114 Saunders. No corruption here.

I was more pissed off that Eubank Snr was blocking 2 experienced cornermen in Chris Sanigar and Ronnie Davis and not allowing them to give Jr advice for the majority of the fight once Ronnie started talking Chris got himself back in the fight. In one of the early rounds that he lost Eubank snr literally just told Eubank jr to breath deep and that was it.
                      Last edited by chocolate; 11-29-2014, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X