No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson's Issues With Diaconu Bout Explained By Shaw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    Honestly, I see Steward having a hard time pushing Chad to be more aggressive and dangerous. Being cautiously offensive seems to be more of a character trait of Chad than an issue and I think thats going to be very hard to break. I hope I'm wrong because we ALL know Chad has the power, speed and skills to be the kind of fighter we want him to be.
    Jermaine Taylor all over again?

If Chad can listen to Steward, he could be pretty damn special. I still doubt how mentally tough he is, though.

Comment

Dawson lost fair and square but he lost because of his own reasons. Pascal is garbage. Chad needed to fight harder for the full 3mins of each round. He didn't do that, that's why he was down on the cards.

Comment

LEGIT CONCERNS! ESPECIALLY after that Hopkins vs Pascal fight...UGH! I wouldn't want to fight in Canada especially against a Canadian Fighter!

But that pressure is exactly what Dawson needs, so he will have to go out and try to FINISH THE FIGHT instead of just accepting a UD

other then Mayweather...I think Dawson has probably has the most BOXING SKILLS IN BOXING...Steward will be good for him and will get him to be more aggressive...I thought he should have stayed with Mayweather Sr. to be honest, Dawson looked UNSTOPPABLE against Adamek, he stayed aggressive in that fight and had a DOMINATING PERFORMANCE...but I guess Mayweather Sr was too strict of a Trainer For Him

I think losing to Pascal will be that turning point in his career and is exactly what he need, because when he was on top he was just fighting safe and collecting UD's but now that all his belts are gone...I think he will see that fighter we seen against Adamek

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Speaking to BoxingScene.com, promoter Gary Shaw explained the reasons behind the delay in Chad Dawson (29-1, 17KOs) agreeing to accept the fight with Adrian Diaconu (27-2, 15KOs), which is scheduled for May 21 at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada. There were some concerns with respect to taking a fight against a Canadian boxer, in Canada. Dawson and his promoter, Gary Shaw, believe they got the short end of the stick in the eleven round technical decision loss to Jean Pascal last August. The Pascal bout was staged in the same venue.

[Click Here To Read More]
          while any boxer does risk getting robbed in canada, dawson could've avoided getting robbed by fighting with more aggression and letting his hands go

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
            the argument of bad judging in other countries anymore because i've seen HORRIBLE score cards here in the U.S. as well. Cats need to get over that ****, man the fu.ck up and not leave decisions in the hands of judges, period.
            Yeah, but its like the Williams vs Martinez I fight or like the Diaz Malignaggi I fight. Where two judges had it right and one had it super high. But so what? 2 out of 3 had it right. People are just stupid. That doesn't put the US in the same boat as Germany, Canada, UK, Colombia now does it?

Fans need to watch more fights, with the eyes open.

Comment

Originally posted by timba View Post
              Shaw needs to shut his mouth up. Pascal beat Dawson fair and square. Dawson had one maybe two good rounds in the whole fight. Even if the fight was allowed to continue, no way does Dawson stop Pascal with a cut like that. Regardless, Pascal would have probably held on for the victory whether there was a cut or not.

Dawson needs to stop dictating terms and conditions and sign for this fight. He isn't a star no more and can't sell tickets. Instead of being gifted another shot at a title, he should have to work for it, because despite the hype, he just isn't as good as people thought he was.
              I didn't think Dawson was about to stop Pascal but I was amazed at how fast Pascal recovered from that big left from Dawson. Almost seemed like he wasn't hurt at all. Shaw is full of BS Chad is already expected to KO Diaconu

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeoBoriqua View Post
                Dawson lost fair and square but he lost because of his own reasons. Pascal is garbage. Chad needed to fight harder for the full 3mins of each round. He didn't do that, that's why he was down on the cards.
                Dawson was scared of Pascal's right hand and Dawson cant fight a hard 3mins of every round b/c he gets winded. If Pascal is garbage what is Dawson?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker Smiff View Post
                  Yeah, but its like the Williams vs Martinez I fight or like the Diaz Malignaggi I fight. Where two judges had it right and one had it super high. But so what? 2 out of 3 had it right. People are just stupid. That doesn't put the US in the same boat as Germany, Canada, UK, Colombia now does it?

Fans need to watch more fights, with the eyes open.
                  Eyes Open huh? You are so full of sh|t that it is glazing your eyes over. Someday try watching some fights like Casamayor vs Cruz, Malignaggi vs Diaz 1, Kotelnik vs Alexander just as examples. I could go on and on and on.

In this business there is no "fair" fights. It is going to be the hometown guy with an advantage no matter the locale. The breadwinner will have an advantage in fight and will always be given the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
                    Dawson was scared of Pascal's right hand and Dawson cant fight a hard 3mins of every round b/c he gets winded. If Pascal is garbage what is Dawson?
                    A guy who lost to another guy he shouldn't have lost to. Even if he fought hard for 2mins of the 12 rds he would have beaten Pascal. That right hand was landing but Dawson could have beaten him imo. He lost because of his own lack of effort. Not because Pascal was too good for him.
                    Last edited by King Ju-Ju; 03-31-2011, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Chad Dawson is the reason I refuse to put my hopes and wishes into a boxer. I put everything on the line for him beating Pascal and he left me high and dry.

Comment

Working...
                      X