Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else think getting caught cheating took Tony's focus from the job in hand?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else think getting caught cheating took Tony's focus from the job in hand?

Taking nothing at all away from Mosley, he threw Margarito an absolute beating tonight, but surely the whole illegal wraps episode must have had SOME sort of effect on Tony?

Anybody think it was enough to gift Shane a "W" he might not otherwise have had? (let us assume Marg did not cheat, rather than didn't get caught)

Let's see.

Get caught cheating with your hand wraps.

Compared to....

Divorce, new trainer, getting older, and a BALCO scandal.

Sounds like it's a bit of a stupid excuse if it's one you're trying to make.

Comment

actually i do.

he knew how he would be viewed and he knew the info was comin out.

i also think he wouldve lost anyway.

Comment

I made 80k because I knew Margarito was a ****-rag, sorry for my language. I'm mad, I didn't really want to hear all this cheating stuff going on tonight. I had suspicions he cheated against cotto, clottey, and williams. Now my suspicions are probably correct.

Comment

There is no doubt about it, it messed up Tony's focus.

As Teddy Atlas always say, boxing is 25% physical, 75% mental.

Comment

Originally posted by ..Calderon... View Post
            Let's see.

Get caught cheating with your hand wraps.

Compared to....

Divorce, new trainer, getting older, and a BALCO scandal.

Sounds like it's a bit of a stupid excuse if it's one you're trying to make.
            I'm not making excuses.

Not only did I make in excess of 30K for that fight, I was rooting for Mosley too.

I'm just saying that kind of **** has to play on your mind, if only a little bit.

For the record, if Tony didn't cheat he wouldn't have gotten caught, but I still think we would have seen the same outcome in the fight. Shane was absolutely on fire tonight, possibly his best ever performance.

Comment

Working...
            X