No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Rios: We Preferred Marquez, Not Alvarado II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Rios: We Preferred Marquez, Not Alvarado II

Trainer Robert Garcia admits that he, and super lightweight contender Brandon Rios (31-0-1, 23KOs), preferred to do something other than a direct rematch with Mike Alvarado (33-1, 23KOs).

Rios stopped Alvarado in the seventh round of a "Fight of The Year" candidate last October. Rios was then promised an April 20th clash with Manny Pacquiao. But not everything went as expected when two months later Pacquiao was knocked out in the sixth round by Marquez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Rios doesn't deserve a crack at Marquez OR Pacquiao.

Comment

Rios just KO alvardo and keep on moving. Marquez is gonna fight no one outside of Pacquaio or Mayweather he aint no longer concerned with braggin rights he wants big paydays that will also enhance his legacy.

Comment

Go after Lamont Peterson's IBF title.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Go after Lamont Peterson's IBF title.
          I think this fight is for the vacant WBO belt

Comment

good for you rios

Comment

"prefered"= bob arum decides who i fight

i really dont understand how a fight with bradley cant be made, both undefeated, both with the same promoter and manager.... bradley is just getting screwed over so bad its not even funny

and rios is a bum anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Zyzz View Post

i really dont understand how a fight with bradley cant be made, both undefeated, both with the same promoter and manager.... bradley is just getting screwed over so bad its not even funny

different weight classes. Who goes down who goes up. and then what real sense it makes, where do they go from their

Comment

Originally posted by Zyzz

Good point. Why is Arum trying to make Gamboa-Bradley but not Bradley-Rios? He did want to match Bradley vs Alvarado after all. He probably figured Bradley would beat Rios and he can't risk that.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

i also don't agree with this rematch. he can fight Bradley but then again i think Bradley wud outbox him. tho if it does happen ill routing for RIOS!

Comment

Working...
                    X