• Show
Clear All

hearns all day long jab jab boom

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      And cruiserweights.
      Ann some heavyweights also.

Comment

Hearns has an ATG right hand. Tito's left hook was a beast in it's own right...but Hearns' right hand was legendary. When Hearns hit people it looked like they died. I've seen people get shot go down less violent than people hit with a right hand from Hearns. Scary. I'd kill to have a right hand like that. :|

Comment

Originally posted by RwK View Post
          Prime Tito is P4P the hardest puncher I've ever seen.

Even knockout power like Julian Jackson, Gman, etc wasn't as sadistic as how Trinidad's punches snapped and you could see how damaging they were. He wasn't exactly fighting stiffs.............so I mean imagine what he would have done to actual lesser opposition. LOL.

I always thought he loaded his gloves though.
          Tito's punches were so devastating because of his technique. He had natural power, but his technique was so crisp and explosive that it made his power that much more substantial.

But comparing his power level to Julian Jackson? Tito made better effective use of his ability, but he didn't put people out cold in midair like Jackson did. Jackson just didn't have the consistency or the boxing skills to make it work for him as well as Tito.

Comment

Hearns no contest

Comment

Heaqrns all day.

Comment

Damn, IDK, this is a tough one.

I've seen Hearns cripple Duran with that straight left and seen Tito do the same with his hook.

I'd have to call it even.

Comment

Hearns. He could do more serious damage with a single right hand, at higher weights, than Trinidad could with his left hook.

Tito had a powerful left hook (and straight right) but there's this myth/false belief that it was this punch that scored one punch KOs. It was a type of shot to change the momentum of the fight around, he would hurt a guy and then lead to a stoppage. When he stopped guys with single left hooks, it was body shots, except if you want to argue Zulu, and even that was a couple left hooks after an initial assault.

Hearns did more damage with a single right hand. James Shuler, who was the top rated MW contender at the time, was done after one single right hand, set up by Hearns's left hook to the body.

Comment

Tito left hook looked like it almost took Vargas head off in the 12rd. Vargas was never the same after that fight.

Comment

I'll plead the 5th in this one...

Comment

Working...
                      X