Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official compubox stats for Ward vs Kessler up, yet none for Froch vs Dirrell...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walterson View Post
    how come the stats for Andre vs Carl have not been published?

any ideas?

perhaps it blew up due to the fact that the computerbox couldnt covert complaining, hugging, falling over, illegally ducking head below waiste into shots landed..

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
      showtime is trying to hide the fact that they had a robbery in their 'classic' super six tournament
      Ding, Ding, Ding we have a winner!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Per a Dan Rafael chat from a few weeks ago, Compubox has an contract with HBO that does not allow them to run stats for Showtime fights - at least not immediately during the broadcast. I think however they are allowed to go back and do stats based on tape of the fight.

Why Compubox reviewed the punchstats for Ward/Kessler so quickly and haven't published anything for Froch/Dirrell is a mystery, though.

Comment

Originally posted by dstew View Post
          Per a Dan Rafael chat from a few weeks ago, Compubox has an contract with HBO that does not allow them to run stats for Showtime fights - at least not immediately during the broadcast. I think however they are allowed to go back and do stats based on tape of the fight.

Why Compubox reviewed the punchstats for Ward/Kessler so quickly and haven't published anything for Froch/Dirrell is a mystery, though.
          Very true ... just goes to show.

Comment

Lololol

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
            perhaps it blew up due to the fact that the computerbox couldnt covert complaining, hugging, falling over, illegally ducking head below waiste into shots landed..
            -----------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Can it covert bodyslamming a fighter and punches that hit air?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Can it covert bodyslamming a fighter and punches that hit air?

as i say im no expert but i must amdit it would struggle to convert all the punches that hit the air from dirrell, i mean at least froch bloodied dirrells face..

Comment

Originally posted by Precision View Post
                  Dirrell never engaged with Froch but he actually landed punches when he threw which was more than what people give him credit for.

He actually matched Froch for workrate in most of the rounds.

Froch got a gift.
                  The whole fight was disgusting. Froch consistently hit Dirrell in back of the head and no point deduction; and he even slammed him to the canvas. Dirrell gets no warning and gets a point deduction.

DIrrell landed the most effective and clean blows, and Froch was given hometown officiating and scoring, even his corner told him "we need a KO since we won't get a decision here."

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
                    showtime is trying to hide the fact that they had a robbery in their 'classic' super six tournament
                    Originally posted by Syf View Post
                    I concur....
                    Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
                    Ward and team made sure Compubox did this fight so they would have numbers to validate in case of a robbery.
                    Originally posted by dstew View Post

What dstew said... HBO has a contract with CompuBox, which is why we get CompuBox stats live on ESPN2 shows but not on Showtime shows.

That doesn't mean CompuBox doesn't do counts. It does. And BoxingScene, as you've probably noticed, has a content agreement with CompuBox. That's why we had Kessler-Ward stats. I don't know why Froch-Dirrell stats haven't been published, though it has nothing to do with Showtime or any conspiracy.

Comment

I have to admit that's funny.

Comment

Working...
                      X