Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

since cotto was apparently wrong for running - what should he have done?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
    i he should hav moved and counter punched.
    That requires excellent reflexes and speed, something Cotto does not possess. He can either run (like he did) or grab & hold like Hatton does. Probably would be easier and less tiring to grab & hold, but for some reason he doesn't like doing that, he tried it like once in his fight with Clottey and didn't try it again.

Someone needs to teach both Cotto and Clottey how told grab & hold, they're both awful at it. Knowing how to grab & hold is a good technique for any fighter, I've seen many boxers lose fights just because they didn't think about grabbing after getting rocked.

Comment

it made for an interesting fight with them both not clinching at all really.

would have been less of a war with excessive clinching.

cotto perhaps would have looked better though had he clinched more often.

Comment

Originally posted by rape View Post
        stand in front of clottey and trade?
        panic and go on the offensive?
        try to ko clottey out of desperation?

or

should he have done exactly what he did and won?

i expect some seriously well thought out game plans and expert analysis since you guys are so well versed in boxing and surviving in the ring with one eye. what would floyd have done? what would margarito have done? what would zab judah have done? you guys better bring all of your boxing knowledge to this thread or hang your head in haterific/nut hugging shame since cotto was soooooo wrong for "running". so lets hear it. i will bump this thread until everyone of you hating douche bags provides a reasonable and logical answer as to what cotto should have done.
        Hitting and moving was his best option in those final rounds... it was the smartest thing to do and he did it well, if it wasn't for him doing that he wouldn't have won those final rounds and could of lost. Don't listen to the guys that are giving him ****, everyone knows really that he deserves his props.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
          i he should hav moved and counter punched.
          thats what he did moron. he moved and when clottey got close he punched.

Comment

Originally posted by Dionyseus View Post
            That requires excellent reflexes and speed, something Cotto does not possess. He can either run (like he did) or grab & hold like Hatton does. Probably would be easier and less tiring to grab & hold, but for some reason he doesn't like doing that, he tried it like once in his fight with Clottey and didn't try it again.

Someone needs to teach both Cotto and Clottey how told grab & hold, they're both awful at it. Knowing how to grab & hold is a good technique for any fighter, I've seen many boxers lose fights just because they didn't think about grabbing after getting rocked.
            Clottey knows how to hold, when he was caught against the ropes against Margarito, he clinched a few times. After a while he stopped though. Cotto stated before he doesn't like to clinch.

Comment

i know. i know they are wrong. which is why i am openly challenging them to come up with a better solution to fighting with one eye against a dangerous dude like joshua clottey. they will avoid this thread like the plague. guaranteed. they might come in here and post .gifs of cotto on his knee against margarito, his kid crying, a shot of him being punched by clottey but they will not have a real answer.

Comment

Originally posted by rape View Post
                stand in front of clottey and trade?
                panic and go on the offensive?
                try to ko clottey out of desperation?

or

should he have done exactly what he did and won?

i expect some seriously well thought out game plans and expert analysis since you guys are so well versed in boxing and surviving in the ring with one eye. what would floyd have done? what would margarito have done? what would zab judah have done? you guys better bring all of your boxing knowledge to this thread or hang your head in haterific/nut hugging shame since cotto was soooooo wrong for "running". so lets hear it. i will bump this thread until everyone of you hating douche bags provides a reasonable and logical answer as to what cotto should have done.
                What should Floyd have done with Baldomir??

People slam him for "running" in that fight ALL THE TIME.

Hold Cotto to the same standard as you do Mayweather.

Baldomir has fought better comp than Cotto and Tony...and unlike them..has never been KTFO..

Carlos also fights heavier than any current WW.

WHAT SHOULD FLOYD HAVE DONE?

Comment

He should have had better defense and more awareness of things such as headbutts.

Cotto's left eyebrow is now ruined, He works so much on his pretty eyebrows and now it'll always have an ugly scar.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
                    Hitting and moving was his best option in those final rounds... it was the smartest thing to do and he did it well, if it wasn't for him doing that he wouldn't have won those final rounds and could of lost. Don't listen to the guys that are giving him ****, everyone knows really that he deserves his props.
                    i giv cotto his props. he's a real good fighter. some rounds he hit and move but the later rounds he was on his bike

Comment

nobody is talking about mayweather in here.

the question is what should cotto have done.

get your dumb ass out of here deja vous a.k.a horus.

Comment

Working...
                      X