No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Cotto-Canelo is 50-50, Maybe 60-40 For Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jorgod View Post
    To beat Cotto, you have to throw a high volume of punches, have stamina and move around the ring, and Canelo doesn't have any of those. Canelo is a "flat foot" unidimensional fighter. Cotto fights in angles, have power, better boxing skills and experience. Cotto TKO by the 10th round.
    I picked the same round for Cotto to end Canelo's world.

10th round is when Canelo gets hit so hard, he looks at his thumb ala Mayorga and accepts his fate.

Comment

I can see this fight looking a lot like the Cotto vs Mosley match.. Where Cotto wins the early rounds with the jab and movement, but fades late. Then again Canelo might fade with him, lol. I hope Canelo comes with an aggressive game plan, if he does he can stop this older Cotto.

Comment

may vs pac= people that made money off that fight won. fans lost

cotto vs canelo= fans win, people that will make money on that fight win, everybody wins.

Comment

cool as long as it gets done, So we can put a end too this bitch ass rican living off of beating up handicaps.

Comment

Canelo is going to kill cotto

Comment

Cotto got the slight edge

Comment

Canelo should win. He's getting better every fight. He used to get gassed by the 6th round but I think he's in better shape now. Cotto really hasn't been hit hard lately. A few good body shots should do the trick. It might be an early round knockout...say the 4th or 5th, for Canelo.

The really great matchup should be Canelo and GGG. But that has to wait until Canelo puts on a few more pounds...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
                  Hopkins is just creating hype.

Obviously he's not going to say "Canelo is going to KTFO Cotto"

Which is what's going to happen.
                  Because this fight needs hype...
                  He's saying what he feels.

No low volume Stationary counter puncher is going to beat Cotto.

Cotto by TKO inside 7.

James Kirkland has to lose 50 pounds in 8 weeks.... I'm supposed to be impressed with that KO? Cotto is stopping middleweights. Canelo scores a stoppage on another dead man walking in Angulo.... but Angulo is still fighting when they stop the fight ***128529; smh... Canelo lands 15 head shots over 12 rounds and UDs Lara SMH... Canelos only other stoppages at LMW are Ryan Rhodes(who?) in the 12th round and light welterweight Josesito Lopez ....

Both Miguel Cotto and Canelo Alvarez have close fights with Austin Trout... Canelo escapes with a victory....history is rewritten and Trout dominates Cotto and Canelo dominates Trout.

Trout lands more punches than Canelo over 12 rounds.

Cotto lands more punches on Trout than Canelo did over 12 rounds.

Fact- Miguel Cotto hasn't won a decision since 2009... every win he's had since then has been by stoppage.

But everyone's talking about Canelos power.

Comment

I'd say 60-40 in favour of Canelo, unless he is moves very slowly again, like he did vs Mayweather. There is a blueprint to beat both guys, it depends who executes the game plan better. If Canelo is sharp, he could break Cotto down inside the distance. Good fight tho, tough to call.

Comment

I'd say 60-40 in favour of Canelo, unless he moves very slowly again, like he did vs Mayweather. There is a blueprint to beat both guys, it depends who executes the game plan better. If Canelo is sharp, he could break Cotto down inside the distance. Good fight tho, tough to call.

Comment

Working...
                      X