Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing vs MMA - Which sport sells more PPV (2012)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing vs MMA - Which sport sells more PPV (2012)

Hello,

Does anyone know the GRAND TOTAL PPV buys the entire sport of boxing did in 2012?

All I can remember is
    Floyd vs Cotto - 1.5 million
    Pacquiao vs Bradley - 700,000
    Pacquiao vs Marquez 4 - 1.15 million

For a total of 2,650,000 million buys from three events. I know there were more than that, but that is all I can recall.

In 2012, UFC staged 12 PPV events and pulled in a total of 5.7 million buys.

I'm just wondering, at the end of the day, which sport brings in the most PPV buys? MMA or Boxing? Thanks

Originally posted by JohnSmithJr View Post
    Hello,

Does anyone know the GRAND TOTAL PPV buys the entire sport of boxing did in 2012?

All I can remember is
    Floyd vs Cotto - 1.5 million
    Pacquiao vs Bradley - 700,000
    Pacquiao vs Marquez 4 - 1.15 million

For a total of 2,650,000 million buys from three events. I know there were more than that, but that is all I can recall.

In 2012, UFC staged 12 PPV events and pulled in a total of 5.7 million buys.

I'm just wondering, at the end of the day, which sport brings in the most PPV buys? MMA or Boxing? Thanks
    Did you not just answer your own question? I'm lost.

Comment

UFC ppv's have been horrible since going to FOX sports.

Once Brock Lesnar retired they haven't had many huge ppvs.

I think their average buyrate is 250-300k

Its sad when the female champion draws more viewers than your male champions like Jon Jones.

This what the UFC gets talking all that **** about boxing dying, look at UFC's ppvs their numbers fell off big time. After the FOX deal expires unless they are able to reup, I think FOX will drop them.

They are not delivering in ratings or ppv.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

Its sad when the female champion draws more viewers than your male champions like Jon Jones.

This what the UFC gets talking all that **** about boxing dying, look at UFC's ppvs their numbers fell off big time. After the FOX deal expires unless they are able to reup, I think FOX will drop them.

Lesnar might be UFC's biggest hypejob. He got a title shot with a 1-1 record in the UFC, and caught two ass kickings to end 5-3. They rushed him in there, he didn't have to go through the Ultimate Fighter when he had only one MMA fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
          Lesnar might be UFC's biggest hypejob. He got a title shot with a 1-1 record in the UFC, and caught two ass kickings to end 5-3. They rushed him in there, he didn't have to go through the Ultimate Fighter when he had only one MMA fight.
          Yup, it goes to show you how pathetic UFC is, they are nothing more than a spectacle,just like how they brought in Kimbo slice.

To this day Kimbo slice was there highest rated Fight night and TUF season.

Lesnar already had a huge name and WWE fanbase and got a title shot, and Kimbo already had a name and huge fanbase, and these are UFC's biggest names. Now their biggest name is Ronda Rousey, a chick is their biggest star.

Comment

UFC PPV numbers are fake

Comment

UFC's PPV numbers have been dwindling but their attendance is still strong. So they're pretty much gonna rely on gate revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

Cain vs JDS was meant to be their biggest hit. First of all when they put them on FOX they wanted to build Cain up for the Mexican audience, but they didn't do as good as they wanted with ratings. Their last PPV with the Cain vs JDS rematch only pulled around 300k. Think about that. They were meant to use FOX to build new stars. When you look at the 300k for two guys who are meant to be their biggest stars and promoted heavily by FOX getting you can only assume their FOX deal is a failure.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
                  Lesnar won the belt and defended it a couple of times.

He almost died and came back and got his ass kicked by Cain who is a MONSTER.

Lesnar was not a hypejob at all.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                    UFC PPV numbers are fake
                    They are. Meltzer is the reporter who releases them but he's not official and nobody knows what his sources are. The guy can never predict boxing PPVs and has been known to get WWE buys wrong. We also had Rampage Jackson come out an say the PPV numbers he sees aren't the same as those released by the media. Even then they forget to mention that those PPV numbers we do get are international PPV buys, while boxing only releases domestic US PPV buys. A UFC event that does 300k might only be 100k domestic buys. Dana has already said international numbers are passing US numbers.

Consider for a moment we have Bradley vs JMM which is rumoured to have done around 400k buys. That's only a US number. Boxing for some reason never counts the international numbers. For example some UK PPVs have been pulling around 70k buys. Then there are PPVs in Japan and Poland. Add them up and that 400k number becomes 600k from only 3 countries. Hatton vs Mayweather pulled about 1.5 million PPV buys in the UK, meaning between two countries that PPV may have hit 3 million PPV buys.

Comment

Working...
                    X