No announcement yet.

Fighters who move down in weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters who move down in weight

I think its proven that it only hurts them.
    Chambers , roy jones, byrd, are good examples.

There are more fighters who have been doing it
    And it isnt helping them .

It's only logical.

I'm trying to think of fighters who moved down and had success but I can't think of many. Zab had a little rejuvenation when he moved from 147 back down to 140. Floyd moves down from 154 but I guess we can all acknowledge he isn't a Jr. MW.

Comment

History has proven this time after time, yet trolls still want Cotto to drop down...after 4 years removed from 147. I sometimes can't understand how people's brains at times just randomly shuts itself off. It's impressive really

Comment

You rarely have a fighter around his prime moving down, its usually a shot fighter looking for success in a lower weight because they cant win at their weight

Comment

Lou Gent got knocked out by Johnny Nelson for the British Cruiserweight title then gave up chocolate biscuits & ended up down at Super Middleweight - where he was awarded a fight with WBC Super Middleweight Champion Nigel Benn.

I was there that night & it was one of the most exciting nights of boxing I ever attended.

Brilliant night.

Comment

Hatton fought twice at 147 and went back down and
            The rest is history

Comment

JCC Jr. usually goes down from 300 lbs to 160 lbs for his fights. Only lost once.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                It's only logical.

I'm trying to think of fighters who moved down and had success but I can't think of many. Zab had a little rejuvenation when he moved from 147 back down to 140. Floyd moves down from 154 but I guess we can all acknowledge he isn't a Jr. MW.
                Judah was definitely better. Mosley had a career revival after moving back to welterweight. Stevens is looking better at 160 than he did at 168. I'm sure there are others. Hatton moved down from welterweight and reestablished himself as the man again at junior welterweight.

Generally this is true though. If you moved up to begin with, it's probably for a good reason.

Comment

Didn't Curtis Stevens move from light heavyweight to middleweight and have more success? Regardless it ain't helping him November 2nd lol

Oh yea, mundine moved down in weight and.. I'm sorry I can't be serious with that LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X