No announcement yet.

Official Floyd Mayweather- Manny Pacquiao Postfight aftermath discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    People, like you said and thought that Manny would be coming all out banging from round 1.

Like I said in a recent posts, Manny's game plan was to come in and fight a technical fight. Hit and not be hit/countered. They would only change it up if they thought they were losing. They thought it was close and they were winning. So there was no need to change it up. I'm sure they wanted to do more but the fouling prevented that.

As for the scores, the Vegas judges came thru for Floyd. That is where one can say that Manny's team should have not expected to win a close tactical fight. Vegas judges will always give it to Floyd ...... Floyd knew that he didn't have to do much to sway the pro Vegas judges to give it to the Vegas guy.
    The pre-fight excuses for the loser are evident in this post.

"The judges and Vegas were in Floyd's pocket, blah, blame, bloom."

No one predicted "My shoulder was painful and I needed drugs to numb the pain."

Not surprisingly, you refused to realize that the majority of pre-fight Mayweather vs Pacquiao polls always concluded with Floyd
    winning every time.

Predictably, Pac fans such as yourself had pre-manufactured excuses before the fight
    for when Pac inevitably lost as was predicted long ago.

You knew damn well Marquez took Manny's soul after that shot heard around the planet,
    and you tried to convince yourself that Alchinny was Mannys best preparation against Floyd.

Nothing will change Floyd beating Manny as had been predicted many years ago.

Comment

• RING magazine did a study involving 36 judges.

from asia, europe, south america. no american judges.

they rewatched the fight with no commentary.

15 had pac winning, 8 had it a draw, 13 had floyd winning,

euro judges favored floyd, asia/south american judges favored pac or had a draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        RING magazine did a study involving 36 judges.

from asia, europe, south america. no american judges.

they rewatched the fight with no commentary.

15 had pac winning, 8 had it a draw, 13 had floyd winning,

euro judges favored floyd, asia/south american judges favored pac or had a draw.
        got a "sauce" for that? Or are you gonna just start making unfounded claims in the hopes someone will believe it.

Comment

• Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
          got a "sauce" for that? Or are you gonna just start making unfounded claims in the hopes someone will believe it.
          yes.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
            He said that BEFORE the Floyd fight vs Manny fight not after. He said it in response to being asked about a possible rematch between he and Floyd. And Marquez has said the same thing about Manny being protected but there you go again being selective. Bradley won more rounds against Manny than Canelo did against Floyd and C.J. Ross still gave Floyd only a draw. Clearly she is an incompetent judge.
            Many people thought Manny lost the second and the third fight against Marquez yet he has two victories over Marquez. So yes, Manny was protected to some extent. His luck ran out in that Bradley fight.
            So I guess you half agree with Marquez when he said that BOTH fighters were being protected huh?
            Not that it changes anything from what Marquez thought about Floyd being super protected in Vegas but the link that I saw was from after.

With Manny, he knew that it was possible to win because of Manny's style. Manny comes to fight. Marquez says that Floyd does not fight. All he does is throw them "touch" jabs and the Vegas judges give him the round even though he didn't deserve it. Manny does more. In 3 of 4 fights, Manny had Marquez down. So Marquez knows that Manny brings it. Floyd does NOT.

Looking at the 4 Marquez fights, I gave Manny the first 3 and was winning the 4th until the KO. So I can't say that he was protected in those fights or any other fight ..... Just like the perception in the Floyd fight, Manny is underrated as a defensive fighter and also as a counter puncher even though he is actually very good at it. Floyd did basically nothing. Juan Marquez did much more and made the fights exciting. Same with Manny. Floyd makes them boring. The point is people are too accustomed to the old Manny that fights all out and aggressive. So when he doesn't do that, the perception is that he lost the round. Whether its against Floyd, Marquez or Bradley. Notice, he wins the big rounds that he throws his power punches.

Floyd is protected in Vegas. NO doubt about it.

Comment

• Its funny these couple of pacfan clowns think that someone believes the crap they say lol. You guys do realize that no one takes you seriously right?

Mods should just lock this thread already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy Work. View Post
                Its funny these couple of pacfan clowns think that someone believes the crap they say lol. You guys do realize that no one takes you seriously right?

Mods should just lock this thread already.
                This keeps all the devastation Floyd caused their world contained. If you get rid of this thread half the front page will be garbage again like the old days.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  This keeps all the devastation Floyd caused their world contained. If you get rid of this thread half the front page will be garbage again like the old days.
                  so basically a thread for them where they can be butthurt lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                    The pre-fight excuses for the loser are evident in this post.

"The judges and Vegas were in Floyd's pocket, blah, blame, bloom."

No one predicted "My shoulder was painful and I needed drugs to numb the pain."

Not surprisingly, you refused to realize that the majority of pre-fight Mayweather vs Pacquiao polls always concluded with Floyd
                    winning every time.

Predictably, Pac fans such as yourself had pre-manufactured excuses before the fight
                    for when Pac inevitably lost as was predicted long ago.

You knew damn well Marquez took Manny's soul after that shot heard around the planet,
                    and you tried to convince yourself that Alchinny was Mannys best preparation against Floyd.

Nothing will change Floyd beating Manny as had been predicted many years ago.

You bring up the Marquez KOing Manny. Well, that was the reason why Floyd and Floyd Sr got the courage to fight Manny. Then waited it out to be sure that Manny fights differently. So in that respect, yes. Floyd didn't want 2009/2010 Manny but was OK with 2015 Manny. I agree.

but even with this version of Manny, Manny had enough to win and actually did in my books with one good arm. You can't see it because you are a Floyd fan, I get it. Floyd won because the fight was in Vegas and the perception was that the tempo of the fight favored Floyd.

SO the Vegas judges did what Vegas judges do. In general, give Floyd the win by "touch" jabbing the opponent and fouling. There was an interview of Floyd before the fight that he spoke about Manny and said, "I will hold if I have to to win"

As for predictions, polls were in favor of Manny at some points. After the Marquez KO, it changed but there were quite a number who thought that Manny can win. Even here, the polls were very close. Only to a Floyd fan were the polls clear or the fight was clear. In reality, it was a close fight. I expected it to be a close fight. Floyd fans do not want to say that because they love their hero too much

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      devastation and floyd should never be in the same sentence.

Comment

Working...
                      X