Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rios-Alvarado Rematch Finalized For March 30 in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the hell can ppl say Alvarado doesnt deserve a rematch?
    Either they dont know boxing or forget what the scorecards read at the time
    of the tko. This matchup is great news for the sport and boxing fans as well.
    I cant wait to see it, and look foward to a night of great food,beer&Boxing!

Comment

Damn this fight was good but it was clearly made because Arum has no other options for Rios at 140. Rios deserves a shot at any title at 140, whats next for Rios if he comes out victorious as I expect? Bradley or Vargas at 147?

Comment

I'm totally fine with this.

Comment

****ing bob arum. rios didn't even want this fight. rios/bradley was there to be made. both wanted it.

Comment

I think Rios will win again by KO. Arum needs to start working with GBP to get RIos Matthysse khan Peterson or Garcia he needs to be fighting those guys after this fight TR has nothing left for him

Comment

first fight was going Alvarado's way until late in the 6th. he was accumulating more of the big, accurate hits and getting the better of more rounds. Brandon's victory was a testament to his ferocious willpower more than anything.

that said, after pulling that tremendous effort out of himself and stopping Alvarado, i would've preferred for him to move on to something bigger than this rematch. he deserved as much.

that doesn't mean he's guaranteed to beat Alvarado again, however.
              Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 01-30-2013, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
                I don't want to sound like I'm complaining because this will most likely be another great fight; however, if I'm in Rios' team, I'm very upset because this is a very dangerous fight with very little upside to it. From what I understand, though, Rios will be making a lot more money this time around!
                Just out of curiosity, how big is Rios purse this time in their rematch? I'm always interested to know how much a fighter makes who has a fan friendly style and is undefeated.

Comment

Should be another good one. Just kind of wished it would come later after these two have put a couple more wins under their belts. Also I don't understand how anyone could have said the first fight was one sided.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                    first fight was going Alvarado's way until late in the 6th. he was accumulating more of the big, accurate hits and getting the better of more rounds. Brandon's victory was a testament to his ferocious willpower more than anything.

that said, after pulling that tremendous effort out of himself and stopping Alvarado, i would've preferred for him to move on to something bigger than this rematch. he deserved as much.

that doesn't mean he's guaranteed to beat Alvarado again, however.
                    I also had Alvarado winning the fight up until the ko,but these are 12 round fights so anything can happen,just as Alvarado won the first rounds rios could have won the second half of the fight,we never know,as for the rematch I think at a later date would have been better,these guys are just going to beat each other up again and leave themselves all beat up for future opponents,they should face different guys,win titles and later face each other,

Comment

Alvarado surprised me, I didn't think it was gonna be that competitive and I really studied his fights too. That said I think Rios is gonna win easier, a mistake Rios did was that he wasn't using the jab and Rios can jab very well on his way in. I'm expecting Alvarado to box a lot more and Rios to do much of the same except jab his way in, oh and unveil the right hand sooner, Rios stops him late.

Comment

Working...
                      X