No announcement yet.

The first sign of the Xbox One's Hardware Inferiority

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first sign of the Xbox One's Hardware Inferiority

60 FPS has been the standard for all COD games, but the Xbox One is running at a native 720p to be able to run Ghosts smoothly.

The PS4 will run native 1080p Resolution at 60 FPS.

This is the Result of the PS4's more powerful CPU, GPU, and the game changer: 8 Gigs of unified DDR5 Ram.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...0p-on-xbox-one
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 10-30-2013, 06:12 PM.

I still want a high powered PC, I was on the verge of clicking "buy" on the Newegg cart earlier his year, with all of my high tech items for a gaming PC build. But I backed off last minute because I had to start saving for something more important. Looks like i'll have to settle for a PS4, but i'll buy it some time next year or even 2015 when I get to see more games in development like Borderlands 3, Resident Evil 7. In the meantime i'll make a list of games I should get when I do get it.

Comment

What's really funny to me is how silly fanboys in both camps always look to one-up one another on graphical capabilities, then get so pissy when PC gamers point out that they're gaming in 1440p.

In short : Both consoles suck compared to a PC.

What's weird about this to me is that COD : Ghosts isn't even a very visually impressive game. Especially not when you compare it to a game like Forza 5, which runs smoothly at 1080p and 60 frames-per-second.

It's not that the Xbox One can't handle 1080p and 60 fps, it's that Infinity Ward elected not to take advantage of it's full capabilities for whatever reason.

COD sucks now anyway, so who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
        What's really funny to me is how silly fanboys in both camps always look to one-up one another on graphical capabilities, then get so pissy when PC gamers point out that they're gaming in 1440p.

In short : Both consoles suck compared to a PC.

What's weird about this to me is that COD : Ghosts isn't even a very visually impressive game. Especially not when you compare it to a game like Forza 5, which runs smoothly at 1080p and 60 frames-per-second.

It's not that the Xbox One can't handle 1080p and 60 fps, it's that Infinity Ward elected not to take advantage of it's full capabilities for whatever reason.

COD sucks now anyway, so who cares?
        Good luck playing a next generation game at a Native resolution of 1440p and 60+ FPS for less than 2000 dollars. The PS4 is a Graphics Powerhouse for 400 dollars, and can run the next generation of console and Pc software without any problems.

Do you really think that at this important of a juncture in the console wars that the Xbox would run at a native 720p if It could run at 1080p?

The Xbox one's max resolution is only 900p.

I'm not a fanboy, I couldn't care less about sony or microsoft, they could both explode in blazing fire and I wouldn't lose a second of sleep. I'm interested in getting the best gaming experience for my money, and that's clearly the PS4.

I've never even owned a PS2 or a PS3, but I've learned enough about hardware architecture to know how much of a beast the PS4 is, and how much of a deal it is for 400 Dollars. Sony must be losing hundreds of dollars for every console they sell, but they're allowing it because they know how important gaining a foothold is in the console wars and they're probably hoping to make it up in software sales and PS + Subcsriptions.

If I'm a fanboy of anybody, it's nintendo. I've owned every single Nintendo Console ever made except for the Wii U, but I don't know what the **** they're doing lately or why they abandoned their core audience to become a kiddie game toy company.
        Last edited by DARKSEID; 10-30-2013, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
          Do you really think that at this important of a juncture in the console wars that the Xbox would run at a native 720p if It could run at 1080p?
          It's already been confirmed that the Xbox One can run 60fps at 1080p : NBA2k14 runs smoothly that way on both consoles.

Wrong.

I'm not a fanboy, I couldn't care less about sony or microsoft, they could both explode in blazing fire and I wouldn't lose a second of sleep. I'm interested in getting the best gaming experience for my money, and that's clearly the PS4.
          I think it's a bit premature to decide which console is the best gaming experience for the money considering the facts that A.) You haven't even played either of them yet, and B.) Neither console will reach it's true processing potential for a few more years.

The above is an example of being truly unbiased.

Your insistance of not being a fanboy is predictable, but faulty due to your misleading quotes in the above response alone. You're making false claims the Xbox One's processing power and at the same time declaring the PS4 to be the best value for your money despite not even having played it.

That's fanboy'ism at it's finest.

As for me, I couldn't care less. I'll join the next generation when I'm finished having fun in the current one, which will probably be a while from now.
          Last edited by ßringer; 10-30-2013, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
            It's already been confirmed that the Xbox One can run 60fps at 1080p : NBA2k14 runs smoothly that way on both consoles.

Wrong.

I think it's a bit premature to decide which console is the best gaming experience for the money considering the facts that A.) You haven't even played either of them yet, and B.) Neither console will reach it's true processing potential for a few more years.

The above is an example of being truly unbiased.

Your insistance of not being a fanboy is predictable, but faulty due to your misleading quotes in the above response alone. You're making false claims the Xbox One's processing power and at the same time declaring the PS4 to be the best value for your money despite not even having played it.

That's fanboy'ism at it's finest.

As for me, I couldn't care less. I'll join the next generation when I'm finished having fun in the current one, which will probably be a while from now.
            Not really man. It hasn't been confirmed 100% yet, but all signs are pointing to the Xbox's Max native Resolution at 900p. Every other rumor so far from the same reliable inside sources(probably Microsoft employees selling their info to the media) has come true, including Ghosts running at 720p

All the demos released so far for the xbone are either running on High Powered Pc's or were upscaled to 1080p. Nobody outside of Microsoft has actually held a working consumer version xbox one, as opposed to the PS4, which has already been handed out to select people to dissect, including IGN.

From a hardware standpoint, the PS4 is without any doubt the superior machine. There is not a single computer programmer in the world that will tell you different.

In terms of raw power it has a superior CPU, a superior GPU, and a game changing 8 Gigs of DDR5 Ram.

In comparison, the highest end DDR5 Graphics cards exceeding $1000 only give you 4-6 GB of Graphics Dedicated Memory.
            Last edited by DARKSEID; 10-30-2013, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Good luck playing a next generation game at a Native resolution of 1440p and 60+ FPS for less than 2000 dollars. The PS4 is a Graphics Powerhouse for 400 dollars, and can run the next generation of console and Pc software without any problems.

I grew up playing games that looked like this:

All of the systems boast of ridiculous graphics and processing power. I have two considerations:

1. What will my friends buy? This is for the purpose of online gaming.
              2. What exclusive games will be available?

Arguing over technical specs is no different now than it was in the Super Nintendo/Genesis days.

xbone
              But you're not a fanboy.

Comment

Squeal makes a strong point about graphics. I'm countering your claims about the Xbox One simply yo highlight your own lack of firsthand experience with it or the the PS4. Honestly I could give a **** less about graphics. Nintendo could announce the SNES 2 tomorrow and make it 16 bit, and I'd have it pre-ordered before the weekend was here.

Gameplay will always be king and on that front I'm not seeing anything remarkable from any developers right now that makes me want to run out and buy any console in the immediate future.

You guys can have your fun in here going tit-for-tat using graphic specs and comparison pics/videos that support your preferred console as the ruler of mankind all you want, meanwhile I'll be chilling in the corner finishing up my already overwhelming library of current games.

Comment

Not really man. It hasn't been confirmed 100% yet, but all signs are pointing to the Xbox's Max native Resolution at 900p. Every other rumor so far from the same reliable inside sources(probably Microsoft employees selling their info to the media) has come true, including Ghosts running at 720p

All the demos released so far for the xbone are either running on High Powered Pc's or were upscaled to 1080p. Nobody outside of Microsoft has actually held a working consumer version xbox one, as opposed to the PS4, which has already been handed out to select people to dissect, including IGN.

From a hardware standpoint, the PS4 is without any doubt the superior machine. There is not a single computer programmer in the world that will tell you different.

In terms of raw power it has a superior CPU, a superior GPU, and a game changing 8 Gigs of DDR5 Ram.

In comparison, the highest end DDR5 Graphics cards exceeding $1000 only give you 4-6 GB of Graphics Dedicated Memory.
                  The PS4 is the more powerful, but the Xbox can run games at 1080p the 360 can and does. Of course for it to run at that resolution they have to cut back on other eye candy. Optimisation is much more important than hardware, it's never ending they could continually improve games on the PS3 and 360 forever. Using more powerful hardware is just far quicker and easier way to get a massive boost.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    Arguing over technical specs is no different now than it was in the Super Nintendo/Genesis days.
                    Blast processing, FTW.

Also, Sega does what Nintendon't.

Comment

Working...
                    X