Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 Wimbledon Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy Murray was on both the front and back pages of today's papers, in Scotland. To put in contrast: The only boxing news was on page 78 or something ( around 10 from the back ) and it was a few paragraphs long, detailing what had "gone on" in British boxing.

Comment

roger is bloody lucky nadal got taken out in the french & now in wimbeldon. its his to lose.

Comment

Andy Murray has a way better chance at the US Open than at Wimbledon.

Comment

Seriously looking at the draw, I really can't see anyone stopping Murray. If he doesn't at least make the final it would be a huge disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by Addition View Post
            Seriously looking at the draw, I really can't see anyone stopping Murray. If he doesn't at least make the final it would be a huge disappointment.
            He'll have to get past Roddick or Del Potro in the semis, which will be extremely difficult. Also Safin in the 4th round could be very tricky. The draw certainly has opened up for him though.
            Last edited by The Monk; 06-22-2009, 05:11 AM.

Comment

I know he hasn't done anything on grass as of yet, but I get the feeling Del Potro might be the dark horse of the tournament. You've got to back Federer to win it, but I think Murray has a chance as well.

I went to Wimbledon a few years back, to the final no less. Got to see Federer demolish Roddick.

Comment

Originally posted by The Monk View Post
                He'll have to get past Roddick or Del Potro in the semis, which will be extremely difficult. Also Safin in the 4th round could be very tricky. The draw certainly has opened up for him though.
                I'm not sure how good Del Potro is on grass but one thing is for sure is that he isn't as good as Murray on grass. Roddick on the other hand is a threat especially as he's improved his game recently, but Murray has dealt with Roddick in the past and he should be able to deal with him again.

Comment

Djokovic having a hard time it seems in his first round match. It seems that he's good on the hard courts, but grass and clay he struggles badly.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
                    Djokovic having a hard time it seems in his first round match. It seems that he's good on the hard courts, but grass and clay he struggles badly.
                    he only had a bad day on french open he is extremely good on clay...he beat federer twice and lost to nadal pretty tight in madrid this year...

grass on the other hand has never been his stronger surface tbh

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
                      Djokovic is actually a good clay court player.

Comment

Working...
                      X