2009 Wimbledon Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Demise View Post
    Murray is **** though.
    Not at returning the ball or baseline play, that is one of his best attributes

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Coholic View Post
      Nope, he wasn't at his best and Boris Becker, Tim Henman and Andrew Castle all agree with me because they were saying Federer was struggling to control the ball all the way through the match.
      Yes because of Roddick's style of play. It's easy to point out peoples mistakes but i can remember a tone of mistakes from Roddick today. Had he won the second set, it would have been a different story. However, he simply wasn't at his best in the second set and made a handful of mistakes. Im sure Roddick will be dissapointed he wasn't at his best in the second set tie break.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
        Not often he plays for that long though. It's tit for tat.

They both made errors during the match and both had good points. Federer just out lasted Roddick.
        Co sign. That was the major difference which ******s seem to forget because they're 'know it alls'.

Comment

• Great performance by both players. Fed was on his game and Andy went to new level's with his. Poor Andy, what more can he do. He threw the kitchen sink at Roger and still wasn't enough. Don't blame him for getting a little teary eyed. He's put so much effort to better his game this year, I bet that gutted him.

Federer stands alone now and it seems he's gonna keep on going. 20 slams is within reach and would be amazing. He's the kind of player that could play for a long time, just because he's so smooth and effortless out their. He can do it all, I mean today when needed to be a big server he did it. Unreal that he seems to have no glaring weaknesses. Also the perfect Tennis gentleman. Not arrogant one bit, when he probably could be. Sometimes it seems like he's embarassed when people mention his greatness to him.

Comment

• looked like fed just barely managed to outlast roddick. gotta love when andy plays roger. its always fun. andy looks so frustrated sometimes.

i was really rooting for roddick to win this. u could tell both guys were not trying to beat any serves in the later parts of the 5th set. just trying to get their serves to win.

but damn, that was an ironman match. what was the last set, 15-17? damn! it was definitely great and this is why i love tennis.

they straight up battled!

Comment

• Im not even gonna lie, roddick played amazing today...

I thought federer wasnt really pulling off them amazing shots he normal does like every 2 shots...but i think thts cos roddick was so good...his server was amazing all day, sept the 2nd set....

Felt sorry for him, but at least he knows hes back and better then ever...

Take my hat of to federer tho...wanted him to get that 15th grand slam so bad

Comment

Working...
              X