No announcement yet.

Blu vs. One Be Lo vs. Elzhi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Fix View Post

remember this? i was never a huge toney guy but i was screaming at my t.v when he first stunned jirov and seamed too gassed to finish him off. jirov never stopped throwing.
    i still watch that fight (12th round more specifically) every month or so. one of the best finishes in boxing history in my opinion. ficks you know dats my shiiieeeeet.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgringo View Post
      i still watch that fight (12th round more specifically) every month or so. one of the best finishes in boxing history in my opinion. ficks you know dats my shiiieeeeet.
      i hadnt seen it in a while, but yeah thats an all time great right there. the judges scoring was off a bit though from what i remember. didnt they have toney way out in front?

Comment

Originally posted by The Fix View Post
        i hadnt seen it in a while, but yeah thats an all time great right there. the judges scoring was off a bit though from what i remember. didnt they have toney way out in front?
        i had toney winning by a solid margin too. i think the action was extremely close but i felt james was landing the better shots in most rounds. jirov didn't help himself by losing a point by not standing up in round 12 and losing a point for low blows. i think 115-111 was appropriate but i don't think a 116-110 card would be outrageous either. if ya scored a round or two for jirov based on sheer aggression i could see a 114-112 card too...but in any case it was toney coming out on top.

Comment

Working...
        X