No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Says Plan in Place For Sergio Martinez's Speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
    Wonder what the plan is for Sergio Martinez's power. That is what they need to worry about.
    Good point. Cotto's been hurt by the likes of Pacquiao and stunned briefly by Mayweather and Trout. Martinez is a much harder puncher than any of them. A guy who's being stunned by light punching junior middleweights probably isn't going to take the power of one of the hardest punching middleweights very well.

Comment

Miguel will never find his range on even a slow Sergio, he has always had to plant to deliver his power, he will swing at air against Sergio. His only foot work is back peddling pot shots that have no damage potential, he better try to throw 200 punches a round with pressure and hope he can imitate Paul W or Margarito....they gave Sergio trouble with the relentless pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Hornet View Post
        I think Cotto is primarily doing it for the money...thinking he can always go back to Junior middle if he loses.
        If it was for the money, he would of fought Canelo for the 10 million.

Comment

i think the power and workrate of martinez should be their number 1 concern

unless martinez has grown some honor and will come in roid free like vs murray, then they can just beat him up

Comment

It's hard to imagine cotto winning this

Comment

Who is going to buy this PPV? from what I have been reading in this forum most of you think Cotto has no chance why bother watching the fight. This is boxing and in boxing nothing is a forgone conclusion anything can happen. I'm rooting for Cotto but I'm not just rooting for him because I'm his fan I'm rooting for him because I believe he has a chance of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                What speed?

A 180 pound version of Chavez beat the **** out of him as soon as he let his hands go. He rocked Martinez at will.

This version of Martinez is now even more limited with those femenine knees of his. His movement will be limited and he'll be more stationary. Cotto needs to knee check him while on the inside, dirty tactics. Hit his operated shoulder as well. Remember, this sissy picked you because you are a 154 pounder he thinks he can beat. No mercy, **** him up, hurt him.
                Agree 100% most people are overlooking Martinez Injuries + the fact that coming fight night he's been out of the ring for 14 months . We all know that if Cotto hits martinez on that shoulder .... it's over , War Cotto !!!!

Comment

Ok remember 2005 .... when miguel fought Demarcus Corley ???? On fight night he weighed in @ 159 and back then he was figthing @ 140 , so for all of you saying that weight is gonna be a problem , is not .

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasiabruja View Post
                    Who is going to buy this PPV? from what I have been reading in this forum st of you think Cotto has no chance why bother watching the fight. This is boxing and in boxing nothing is a forgone conclusion anything can happen. I'm rooting for Cotto but I'm not just rooting for him because I'm his fan I'm rooting for him because I believe he has a chance of winning.
                    Apparently Sergio is like some untouchable boxing deity. Everyone on NSB marvels at his Godlike skill. Yet Cotto's had a better career, he's younger, he's got better defense, he's got above average foot and hand speed, and he's clearly a better technical fighter. Sergio is a little faster (on NSB they'll tell you he can throw 120 punches a minute), little bit faster on his feet (not much, if you watch a split screen of Cotto-Marg II, and Martinez-Chavez you can see that foot speed wont be much of an issue for Cotto), Southpaw, very fast hands, not good defensively.

Both are very good counter punchers
                    both guys got pop

it's a competitive fight.
                    just not to NSB
                    but if history is any indication, NSB don't know **** about boxing. There are few in this forum who do.

I'm picking Cotto, not as a fan but as an observer of the sport. I just think Cotto's better.

Comment

High tight guard along with consistent jab, doubling and tripling would be very effective at disrupting speed

Comment

Working...
                      X