No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: There is Already Talk of Brurns-Crawford at MSG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: There is Already Talk of Brurns-Crawford at MSG

Promoter Eddie Hearn is sure WBO lightweight champion Ricky Burns will be back to his best against Raymundo Beltran in Glasgow on September 7.

The Coatbridge star, 30, had to battle back from a sluggish start to overcome Jose Gonzalez in nine rounds last time out, but Hearn remains confident that his new fighter can produce the goods in front of his home fans.

Hearn told Sky Sports News: "It's Ricky's second fight for us. Obviously he had a tough time last time out against Jose Gonzalez. Things were looking bleak for him after seven rounds but he turned it around and carved out a remarkable victory.

"Beltran is ranked throughout the governing bodies and is probably the toughest outside of a world champion. It's a big opportunity for Ricky to look sensational and he really wants to make a statement after a performance that he'd describe as average.

"There is talk already of Burns against a young fighter called Terence Crawford at Madison Square Garden. Crawford is an HBO fighter. But Ricky has tremendous support up here in Glasgow and I think we can make those big fights here
    [Click Here To Read More]

Surely this would be an undercard fight? Unless of course, the card is stacked with talent? Could Crawford-Burns fill MSG? I don't see it.
    Last edited by yoz; 07-31-2013, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Depending on the rest of the card and date I shall be there.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
        Surely this would be an undercard fight? Unless of course, the card is stacked with talent? Could Crawford-Burns fill MSG? I don't see it.
        Maybe they are referring to the theater at MSG that has about 5,000 seats or like you said, maybe an undercard if it's at the main arena..

Comment

Very good fight but not a headliner for msg

Comment

Hearn basically said he doesn't intend to send Burns to MSG when the fight can be made in Glasgow. Crawford is Burns's mandatory.

Comment

Burns seems to have trouble with good boxers like he did against Jose I saw that fight and Jose basically gassed out. Crawford is a better boxer then Jose and has better stamina with about the same power he would be a nightmare for Burns but props to Ricky if he fights him.

Comment

Que? ..........

Comment

Crawford is a bad matchup for him. He's better off fighting Miguel Vasquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
                    Maybe they are referring to the theater at MSG that has about 5,000 seats or like you said, maybe an undercard if it's at the main arena..
                    They almost certainly are

Comment

Working...
                    X