Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, was Cotto washed up all year or only after Trout beat him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    smh there was a reason why Toprank matched him up with Foreman Mayorga and Maragarito at a catchweight
    And then Cotto, on a high off his Mayweather "success", forgot about this important point.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
      No ish Sherlock? That goes without saying. Just because someone says something doesn't mean that it's true and that goes for anyone. Your implication that he was lying is obvious though. Stop being a coward and stand behind what you're implying.
      I'll stand behind that. It's just not believable, it would make Cotto 2 divisions bigger fight night. It didn't seem anything like that.

But really, if you want the world to know your fight night weight you step on the hbo scale.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        I'll stand behind that. It's just not believable, it would make Cotto 2 divisions bigger fight night. It didn't seem anything like that.

But really, if you want the world to know your fight night weight you step on the hbo scale.
        It's not believable to you because you don't want to believe it. Posters need to stop acting like you don't have obvious agendas. You aren't fooling anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
          he was washed up before Manny spanked him, prime when Floyd fought him, and shot when trout beat him.

just depends on who he's fighting.
          That pretty much sums it all up.

The end../

Comment

he was washed up before Manny spanked him, prime when Floyd fought him, and shot when trout beat him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
            That pretty much sums it all up.

The end../
            It really, really does seem like that. I've noticed many Floyd fans have avoided this tread & those that have ventured in have stayed away form the tread topic.

Comment

It's not believable to you because you don't want to believe it. Posters need to stop acting like you don't have obvious agendas. You aren't fooling anyone.
              Are your eyes telling you Floyd was about 2 divisions smaller in the ring? Or you'll go with FMJ's truth telling record?

Comment

Are your eyes telling you Floyd was about 2 divisions smaller in the ring? Or you'll go with FMJ's truth telling record?
                I don't even know what you mean by 2 divisions smaller. Common sense tells me that I can't just look at someone and guess their exact weight. You should have a job with a traveling circus guessing people's weight since you think that you can. I don't just blindly believe everything that Floyd says, but I don't see the motivation for him to lie about something as insignificant as this. He won the fight convicingly, why would he need to just make up this lie out of the blue? He weighed in at 151, it's not inconceivable that he had a cold or something and lost a few pounds overnight.

Comment

It seems to me, having watched Trout's fight before the Cotto fight, I wasn't very impressed with Trout. I saw some flaws that I thought Cotto could take advantage of. Trout wasn't using his jab much, (Cotto has a great jab and uses it), and his defense, though good, could be penetrated by Cotto's jab, setting him up to get closer, and get some body shots in.

I guess i "envisioned" what could have been.

But what happened was, Trout corrected those "flaws" and Cotto seemed to have not trained very hard for this fight, ( i didn't see the heart he had in his fight with Floyd).
                  I said before that the Cotto that fought Floyd, had a better chance of beating the Trout that fought Rodriguez.

I like this post...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I don't even know what you mean by 2 divisions smaller. Common sense tells me that I can't just look at someone and guess their exact weight. You should have a job with a traveling circus guessing people's weight since you think that you can. I don't just blindly believe everything that Floyd says, but I don't see the motivation for him to lie about something as insignificant as this. He won the fight convicingly, why would he need to just make up this lie out of the blue? He weighed in at 151, it's not inconceivable that he had a cold or something and lost a few pounds overnight.
                    147 fight night is 13lbs = 2 divisions smaller, assuming Cotto went up to 160, which is tiny for a SWW. You don't have to be a genius to tell fighters 2 divisions apart, usually super obvious.

I don't know his motivation either, but his fanboys bring up this point all the time, so it must be worth something to them. What was his motivation for claiming $20m for the Big Show?

Comment

147 fight night is 13lbs = 2 divisions smaller, assuming Cotto went up to 160, which is tiny for a SWW. You don't have to be a genius to tell fighters 2 divisions apart, usually super obvious.

I don't know his motivation either, but his fanboys bring up this point all the time, so it must be worth something to them. What was his motivation for claiming $20m for the Big Show?
                      Cotto could have very well been 13 pounds heavier in the ring that night. That's not inconceivable. If you can't point to any motivation for him to lie, then why are you accusing him of lying? What's wrong with you?

Comment

Working...
                      X